A traditional chalet-style hotel with a modern touch, the Sunstar is nestled in a great location in Zermatt. It's just a few minutes’ walk to the lift and village centre and, as with most places in this world-famous resort, incredible views are common.
The rooms are bright and homely, which really helps you relax at the end of the day. Plus, the layout gives a quirky twist; each room has a separate WC but the shower or bath is in the main room – not ideal if you’re sharing with friends perhaps, but a unique extra for couples. You can pick between north or south-facing rooms for views of the village or the incredible Matterhorn.
In the mornings, you can fill up with a generous breakfast buffet and, in the evenings, the restaurant serves a great selection of delicious Valais-style dishes. There’s also an attractive bar where you can enjoy an après drink or pre-bed tipple. Throw in the beautiful wellness area with whirlpool, sauna and steam bath, and you’ve got everything you need for a relaxing ski break.
- Just a few minutes' walk to the Gornergratbahn lift and centre.
- Whirlpool, sauna and steam bath.
- Valais-style restaurant, bar and lounge.
- Free minibar.
- 4 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 3 minutes' walk to the Gornergratbahn lift
- ski bus stop outside
- 5 minutes' walk to the mountain railway station
All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers (on request), safe and minibar. The minibar is refilled daily free of charge with one soft drink, one beer, one mineral water and one juice.
- Twin/Double room (north-facing) (21-24m²) - sleeps 1-3: Twin beds or double bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
- Twin/Double room (south-facing) (21-22m²) - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds or double bed, private shower, WC and south-facing balcony.
- wellness area with sauna, steam room and whirlpool
- extra charge for massage and treatments
- bar and lounge with fireplace
- sun terrace
- ski room with heated boot rack
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- American buffet breakfast
- 3-course set menu evening meals
- New Year's Eve gala dinner included
- early meals for children available on request
- Monday night fondue dinner on the mountain
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy