The historic Monte Rosa has been a star of the Zermatt hotel scene since it opened in 1853 – and it’s been run by the Seiler family from the start, so they know a thing or two about making your stay special. They’ve kept things traditional over the years, and there’s an authentic look from top to bottom, with exposed beams, stone walls and antique furniture dotted here and there.
After a day on the slopes, sip an après tipple in Edward’s Bar, which was named in honour of Edward Whymper (the first person to climb the Matterhorn) who stayed at the hotel. Fancy some off-slope R&R? Wander a couple of minutes to the Hotel Mont Cervin Palace to get free access to the huge indoor pool and spa.
You’ll be staying bed and breakfast here, and there’s a hot and cold buffet spread to set you up for the day. And later on, you’ve got afternoon tea and cakes to keep you going before heading out to explore Zermatt's many excellent restaurants.
- Elegant hotel that’s been family-run for 170 years.
- While away your evenings in the cosy bar.
- Pool and spa at the nearby Hotel Mont Cervin Palace.
- Buffet breakfast
- Afternoon tea and cake
- Safety standards for balconies and public walkways are different in Switzerland – the railings may be lower and they could have ornamental features you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland. Please take extra care on or around them, and make sure children aged under 12 years are always supervised.
- 2 minutes' walk to the bus stop
- 8 minutes' walk to the train station
- 12 minutes' walk to the Zermatt gondola
- 7 minutes' walk to the Sunnegga funicular
- 15 minutes' walk to the Furi cable car/gondola
- Ski school meeting point at the top of the Sunnegga funicular or Furi cable car/gondola
- Twin room - sleeps 2: North-facing room with twin beds or double bed, private bath and WC.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds or double bed, single folding bed, private bath and WC.
- Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private bath and WC.
All rooms have a cable TV, bathrobes, safe and minibar with free soft drinks.
- Free use of the pool and spa, including hot tub, sauna and fitness room, at the Hotel Mont Cervin Palace (2 minutes' walk)
- Edward's Bar and lounge
- 41 rooms
- Free WiFi
- Transfer between the hotel and train station on arrival and departure day