Central by name central by nature, the Central Hotel Wolter is right in the middle of Grindelwald 100 metres from the train station and the bus stop is right outside. The service here is super friendly and it's not just us that think this, it's consistently mentioned on TripAdvisor, it seems this does come hand-in-hand with being a family run hotel. The decor is a good blend of comfort and tradition with the restaurant, having been recently modernised, a particular highlight. It spills onto a heated outdoor terrace, a great spot for people watching.
The Central Hotel Wolter, is in the centre of Grindelwald just 100m from the train station from where you can catch a train up into the ski area each day. Alternatively, the bus station is opposite if you'd prefer to take the gondola. The town centre is on your doorstep.
What we like
- Central location, 100 metres from the train station to take you up the mountain
- Family run with great service levels
- Chalet style decor with a good blend of modern aspects
- In the lobby, you can find complimentary newspapers
- There are 10 apartments in addition to the 39 rooms if you want some extra space
Each of the 39 rooms in the Central Hotel Wolter has a TV, radio, phone, hairdryer, minibar, WiFi and safe.
Standard twin room
Standard rooms have twin beds and a bathroom with a bath or shower.
Approx. 16-23sqm, sleeps max. 2
Twin room with Eiger view
Eiger view rooms have twin beds and a bathroom with a bath. There is also a balcony with views over the Eiger.
Approx 25sqm, sleeps max. 2
Family rooms consist of either a double and a single room or two double rooms linked by a bathroom.
Sleeps max. 4
Apartments are in the Chalet Central building directly behind the hotel. Each has a kitchenette, bathroom with shower and a balcony. Some have a mezzanine level for the bedroom.
- A la carte restaurant
- Heated terrace
- Newspapers in the lobby
- Complimentary use of the spa in nearby Hotel Spinne
- Complimentary entrance to the sports centre (swimming pool and ice skating)
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy