The Grand Albergo Claviere is a homely hotel in the world-class Milky Way ski area. You’ll love the warm and friendly staff and the cosy bar area, where everyone gathers to share tales of the slopes over a tea or coffee every afternoon. The traditional décor of natural wood flows throughout the hotel, giving it a mountain chalet feel. Where the hotel lacks lavish decoration and styling, it certainly makes up for it with its sociable and welcoming atmosphere.
Rooms at the hotel are spacious and comfortable, with lots of natural wood furniture and panelling. There’s several different room types available, sleeping from two to five people – some also have a balcony to enjoy the mountainous and snowy surroundings.
Make the most of our own Childcare, based within the hotel itself. It certainly makes for a stress-free stay if you’re travelling with the little ones – and with free kids' places available, it's excellent value too. They can spend a fun-filled day with our team, and we’ll even take them to and from their lessons while you're on the mountain.
And when you’re not on the slopes, sit back in the hotel’s cosy lounge and bar area, or out on the sun terrace catching some sunshine. For your convinience, you’ll also have access to the practical things too – use the fridge, kettle and microwave whenever you need to.
With the all-inclusive package, you won’t have to think about organising meal times. Get ready for the mountain with a hot and cold breakfast buffet, and don’t forget your hand-packed lunch to take out with you each day. When you return, having stored everything in the heated boot room, relax with afternoon tea and cakes before your hearty evening dinner in the traditional dining room. And the all-inclusive drinks is really handy for those looking to watch the pennies.
- Adjacent to French border
- Approx. 5 minutes' walk to the ski slopes
- 6 minutes' walk to ski school meeting point
- Short walk to village centre
- All rooms have a TV and safe (deposit for safe required).
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
- Twin Room with balcony - sleeps 2: Twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin Room with balcony - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Quad Room - sleeps 2-4: Four single beds when booked for four people, private shower and WC.
- Quad Room - sleeps 2-5: Five single beds when booked for five people, private shower and WC.
- Family Room - sleeps 3-4: Two twin rooms when booked for four people, private shower and WC.
- Family Room with balcony - sleeps 3-5: Two twin rooms, extra single bed when booked for five, private shower, WC and balcony.
Please note: All balconies in the hotel are shared. Some rooms have space for a cot.
Food and drink
- Hot breakfast buffet
- Afternoon tea with cakes or biscuits
- 3-course evening meals with choice of menu
- Early 2-course evening meals for children are available
- Daily packed lunch including 1 sandwich, fruit, chocolate bar and water
- Unlimited free drinks from 4.30pm-10.30pm including hot drinks, soft drinks, draft lager, wine by the glass, local spirits and aperitifs
New Year's Eve gala meals included
- Lounge and bar
- Sun terrace
- Childcare – Pepi Penguin Nursery (6 months-4 years) and Beanie Bear Club (4-8 years)
- Evening clubs available
- Access to fridge, kettle and microwave
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy