Chalet Hotel Breithorn in Champoluc is full of charm and is proving to be a popular choice with our guests. It is a lovely, traditional hotel which has been beautifully restored and modernised whilst respecting all its traditional Alpine features and character. The spacious lounge and reception area has a fireplace, wooden vaulted ceilings and comfortable furniture to make you feel at home as soon as you arrive.
‘Location, location, location!’
Location really is key here and it is a flat walk to the 6-person gondola in the village centre. This gondola leads up to the beginner’s slopes and more intermediate skiing beyond. The run home ends at the same point and for your convenience we have arranged with the ski hire shop that all skis or boards (whether hired or your own) can be left there overnight to save carrying them the (short-walk) to the Chalet Hotel.
Comfortable Hotel Facilities
The Chalet Hotel is a perfect mix of traditional and modern to give the ideal atmosphere of a special mountain retreat and a base for the skiing trip. The hotel has been lovingly restored and all the traditional features retained thus keeping the unique character of the hotel and a clever combination of old and new. There is a spacious lounge with a small bar and reception area with an open flame fire, beautiful carved vaulted wooden ceilings and comfortable furniture on which to relax. The pictures on the wall add a distinguished air and traditional Alpine decorations will remind you that you are in the mountains.
Off the lounge is a small library with a selection of books, perfect as a quiet place to read. There is also a sun terrace, on which you can enjoy some late afternoon sun and an après ski drink at the end of the day. The restaurant is on the lower ground floor and is spacious and tastefully decorated, in accordance with the rest of the property. This is where all meals are taken including the highlight of the day, the 3-course dinners, all served with quality wines. In addition the Chalet Hotel also has a Wellness Centre with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and massage showers which we know is always appreciated by our guests.
There are a total of 31 bedrooms which all differ in layout and decoration. No two rooms are alike except that they are all beautifully decorated with attractive wooden features and decorations. The beds are all twin/doubles so can be made in to twin or double beds and all have en suite facilities. All of the bedrooms have a TV and DVD player, safe and hairdryer. Most of the Large and Superior rooms have an extra bed for a child. On the 4th floor are larger superior rooms which have mountain views and either shower or hydromassage bath. There is also a Junior Suite on the 4th floor with a lounge and separate bedroom.
- Delightful Chalet Hotel, full of character
- 5 minutes’ walk to the main ski gondola
- Village Centre location
- FREE overnight storage of pre-booked or own skis/board, just by the main ski lift
- Wellness Centre with whirlpool bath, sauna, steam-room and massage showers
- Lounge with open fireplace, free Wifi and a separate library
- Beautiful wood panelled bedrooms
- 31 bedrooms, all en suite and different in layout and decoration, some sleeping 3 or 4 people
- Substantial breakfast – continental buffet breakfast on 7 mornings with hot options provided for 6 days
- Afternoon tea/coffee with cake and savoury treats on 6 days
- 3-course dinners with a choice of menu on 6 evenings including canapés with a prosecco apéritif, choice of complimentary quality wines and tea or coffee
ACCOMMODATION SUMMARYOPEN FLOORS
Lower Ground Floor
- Restaurant & Wellness Centre with whirlpool, steam-room, sauna and massage showers
- Room 100 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Lounge with open fireplace, bar and small library & Sun terrace
- Room 101 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 102 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 103 – Large twin/double room with shower/wc
- Room 104 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 105 – Large twin/double room with shower/wc
- Suite 106 – Twin/double with shower/wc interconnecting to lounge with double sofa bed and balcony
- Room 107 – Large twin/double room with bath/wc
- Room 108 – Twin/double with shower/wc plus single sofa-bed
Rooms 107/108 share small entrance lobby with a lockable door into each bedroom and from the main corridor, ideal for a small group or family
- Room 201 – Twin/double with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 202 – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 203 – Large twin/double plus single sofa bed with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 204 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 205 – Large room with walk through single sofa-bed area to twin/double with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 206 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 207 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Suite 208 – Twin/double with shower/wc interconnecting to lounge with two single beds built in under low eaves suitable only for children under 12 years
- Room 209 – Twin/double with shower/wc/balcony
Rooms 204/205 share small entrance lobby with a lockable door into each bedroom and from the main corridor, ideal for a small group or family
- Room 301 – Twin/double with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 302 – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 303 – Large twin/double with bath/wc plus single sofa bed
- Room 304 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 305 – Large room with walk through single sofa-bed area to twin/double with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 306 – Twin/double with shower/wc
- Room 307 – Twin/double with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 308 – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 309 – Twin/double with shower/wc
Rooms 304/305 share small entrance lobby with a lockable door into each bedroom and from the main corridor, ideal for a small group or family
- Room 401 – Superior twin/double with hydromassage bath/wc plus single sofa bed
- Room 402 – Superior twin/double with shower/wc plus single sofa bed
- Room 403 – Superior twin/double with hydromassage bath/shower cubicle/wc plus single sofa bed
- Suite 404 – Walk through lounge area with double sofa bed with hydromassage bath/shower cubicle/wc to large twin/double room
Cots will fit in the following rooms/suites 100,103,104,105,106,107,108,204,205,208,303,305,401,402,402,404
Room Supplements per person per night
- Bath/wc £4
- Shower/wc/balcony £4
- Bath/wc/balcony £5
- Large room with shower/wc £4
- Large room with bath/wc £5
- Large room with shower/wc/balcony £5
- Large room with bath/wc/balcony £6
- Superior room with shower/wc £5
- Superior room with hydro massage bath/wc £6
- Superior room with hydro massage bath/wc & separate shower £6
- Suite 106 or 208 if 4-share £4; 3-share £5; 2-share £9
- Suite 404 with hydro massage bath/wc & separate shower if 4-share £5; 3-share £6; 2-share £10
Ski Line offers the widest choice of ski chalet holidays with more than 1000 different catered chalets to choose from.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Half Price Ski Hire or CarriageAvailable for skis/snowboard/boots hire or carriage of skis/board when you pre-book your lift pass at the time of booking.
Group DiscountsGroup discounts available for parties of 7 or more people. Click here for more information on group discounts.
This operator sets very high standards for their cuisine, and train their staff extensively before the season starts, to ensure that you will thoroughly enjoy every meal on your holiday. They also take their Health and Safety responsibilities extremely seriously, so all their Chalet Hotel staff involved in food preparation are trained to the City & Guilds qualification – Level 2 in Food Safety during the pre-season training course. There is a continental breakfast is every morning and a breakfast hot option, afternoon tea and evening dinners are provided for six days of the week.
A good breakfast is essential on a ski holiday, so they provide both a hot option, as well as a continental selection with a choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, plentiful tea, coffee and bread (and croissants in France), cold meats, cheese and preserves, which is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. On their staff’s day off, only the continental breakfast will be provided.
Their Chalet Hotels can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge. For skiers keen to keep their Euro-spending to an absolute minimum, this is the ideal way to keep your costs down!
The traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff’s day off. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children’s High Tea
Families staying in a Chalet Hotels may choose to eat separately (High Tea at 5:30pm) or all dine together at the later adult dinner time if children who have received a child discount pay the meal upgrade charge of £39 at the time of booking only.
They offer their Chalet Hotel dinners six nights per week which include three courses, some of which offer a choice of menu at the buffet including a vegetarian option for each course.
The one staff day off gives you a fantastic opportunity to experience some local restaurants and cuisine, speak to your resort representative for recommendations and help with reservations.
Vegetarian and Special Diets
Vegetarian options are always on their buffet menu in their Chalet Hotels – just advise us at time of bookings so that they can ensure that their staff can prepare. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared. Their Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas and New Year
Chalet Hotels will serve a traditional Christmas dinner with a glass of Champagne to start off the evening. This will include roast turkey with all of the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers and party hats plus a fantastic Alpine atmosphere in which to enjoy the day.
A special festive menu will also be served on New Year’s Eve, alongside the added bonus that many resorts put on fantastic firework displays. A glass of fizz, whilst watching fireworks over the snow-capped peaks of the Alps.. what better way to bring in the New Year!
Their Quality Wines
They are very proud of their wine selection, which combines crisp and fruity whites with medium to full-bodied reds, for a variety of palates. In their Chalet Hotels, they also offer an additional light fresh rosé to their guests’ choice. They select their wines in conjunction with their good friends Nicolas and Véronique – the third generation in the Perret family’s fine wine business based in the Savoie. Nicolas is a qualified wine expert, having trained at the prestigious Burgundy Wine University in Beaune. Each season in October, Nicolas & Véronique bring over a new selection for us to sample (someone has to do it!) and together they choose their wines for the coming season, based on their menus and their pure enjoyment factor. Wine is an incredibly subjective and emotive subject, however, the feedback they have received from their guests over recent seasons endorses their aims of providing wines to enhance your meal and to suit most tastes. They hope you will enjoy them as much as they do!
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy