From the moment you step into Chalet La Varappe, you know you’re somewhere rather special. Originally built by Mr Pomagalski (founder of the world-leading company, Poma), much of the interior is clad in the wood cleared whilst building the lift system in Méribel, giving the chalet an incredibly authentic and alpine-esque ambience. With its welcoming warmth and attention to detail, it’s not surprising that until now, La Varappe has been a private home. Now an exciting addition to our portfolio of exclusive chalets, it can at last be enjoyed by those looking for homely luxury after a long day on the slopes.
The heart of La Varappe is its alluringly cosy yet sumptuous sitting room. With its striking stone fireplace, exquisite artworks, intriguing antiques and quintessentially English furnishings, you’ll feel like you could curl up on the sofa forever.
The dining room’s laden bookcases and opulent furnishings promise a relaxed yet sophisticated culinary experience. And with 10 seats at the table, it’s a fantastic spot to get together over beautiful food and wine.
Its spacious terraces, garden and private outdoor hot tub allow you to marvel at the mountains even after you’ve kicked off your skis. The chalet also offers a steam room for aching muscles, a TV/games room and, of course, a large ski and boot room.
Located in the centre of Méribel, Chalet La Varappe sleeps 10 people in supreme comfort within five beautifully designed bedrooms, each with an en-suite bath or shower room. There is an additional attic bedroom suitable for two or more children.
Méribel – 5 minutes drive to the lifts or a short walk to centre of Méribel.
- Bedroom 1 - Twin or Super King with en-suite bathroom with shower over.
- Bedroom 2 - Super-king (170 cms) with en-suite bathroom with shower over and balcony.
- Bedroom 3 - Twin or king with en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 4 - Super King with en-suite bathroom, separate shower with balcony.
- Bedroom 5 - Twin or super-king with en-suite bathroom and balcony
- Bedroom 6 - Room under eaves suitable for two small children.
- TV room
- Steam room
- Outdoor hot tub
- Private car parking
- Large ski room - With heated boot racks
- Infant Cots - Three of the bedrooms are suitable for cots
A skiing holiday isn’t just about skiing – and we never forget how important your holiday is to you. That’s why we do everything we can to ensure you have a hassle-free holiday with everything just the way you want it.
You’ll have access to an exceptional concierge service, a dedicated minibus and chauffeur, childcare, professional masseuses and one staff member to every two guests.
- Private minibus service
- In-chalet ski and boot fitting service
- Freshly prepared breakfast, afternoon tea every day
- Delicious four course dinners six days of your stay
- Unlimited champagne at any time
- Fine chateau and domaine-bottled wines
- Your lift pass waiting for you on your arrival (Cost of pass not included in price)
- Egyptian cotton sheets and fluffy towels
- Mid-week towel change
- Goose down duvets
- Two pillows for every guest
- Luxury dressing gowns and slippers
- Hair dryers in every room
- L'Occitane toiletries
- Fresh flowers, daily newspapers, magazines
- Fresh flowers in every bedroom
- Complimentary bar of wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Personal laundry facilities
- A huge selection of books and games
- TV room with DVD player
- Free-to-Air UK Sky television channels
- Apple TV with many of the latest films
- Extensive DVD library
- Wi-Fi internet access
- iPad with movies for use in the chalet and on Transfers
- Security safe
Beautiful food and wine are central to this operator's experience. After a long day on the slopes, what can be better than sharing your adventures with friends and family over exquisite canapés and champagne? Delivered with impeccable service in a relaxed environment, it's what guests return for year after year. Skillfully prepared and elegantly presented, professional chefs meticulously balance flavours and textures to create truly remarkable and memorable dishes. From breakfast through to sweet treats, canapés and dinner, our gourmet quality cuisine is what makes days on the mountain so satisfying.
Beautiful food calls for exceptional chefs, which is why this operator only hire fully qualified professionals with experience in top quality restaurants. With free reign to do what they do best, they use their creativity and flair to turn the finest ingredients into works of art. But it's not all about presentation; taste is king. Using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, every meal is defined by flavour, texture and balance. This obsession with perfection is what makes our guests' stay so extraordinary, elevating the Purple Ski experience to exquisite heights.
What To Expect
Setting yourself up for a great day on the slopes and rewarding yourself afterwards are some of the best elements of a skiing holiday. You'll start your day with a beautifully presented breakfast of fruit juices, a freshly made "smoothie" or fruit / vegetable juice, fresh coffees, teas, yoghurts, cereals, porridge, a hot dish - like a "Eggs Royale" or a "full English breakfast", jambon cru, cheeses, fresh fruit salad, fresh bread and freshly baked croissants and jams. After your day on the slopes, homemade cakes and biscuits await you in the sitting room. Dinner is the pièce de résistance. Before your meal, canapés and champagne allow you to unwind in true style. You're then treated to an exceptional four-course meal, rounded off with freshly ground coffee, a digestif and homemade truffles.
This operator are more than happy to tailor your meals to your dietary preferences. A range of teas, coffees and fresh fruit are available at any time along with a complimentary bar of champagne, wine, spirits, beer and mixers.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy