Only minutes from the centre of Äkäslompolo is the beautiful Lapland Äkäshotelli. It's surrounding by acres of woodland, which makes it the perfect tranquil base for all your snowy adventures. The ski shuttles leave regularly from outside the entrance to drop you at the Ylläs ski lifts.
The modest rooms have simple and traditional furnishings. In the mornings, head down to the hotel restaurant for a buffet breakfast to keep you going for the day.
Lapland Safaris arrange loads of excursions for the hotel, from snow safaris to dog sledding and cross-country skiing. And don’t forget to walk down to the Äkäslompolo lake one evening to try and catch a glimpse of the magical Northern Lights – a once in a lifetime experience.
After a fun filled day outdoors, the hotel itself has loads to keep you occupied, including an indoor pool and a sauna. If you've still got energy to burn, there’s a fitness room too. Occasional evening entertainment is also a great aspect of this hotel, from discos to live music.
- Pretty location near the centre, surrounded by trees.
- Indoor pool and sauna.
- Bar with live music.
- Indoor Pool
- Best for families
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Gym/fitness centre
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Optional upgrade to half board with 3-course evening meals (waiter-served or buffet, depending on hotel occupancy)
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included with half board
- In the Äkäslompolo village centre
- Shuttle bus stop outside for the ski lifts
- Short bus ride to the ski school
All rooms have a flatscreen TV, free WiFi, hairdyer, mini fridge and kettle, and are non-smoking. Safes are available from reception.
Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Bar and lounge
- Lobby fireplace
- Lobby bar
- Occasional live music
- Free WiFi
- Indoor pool
- Saunas and fitness room
- Extra charge for treatments
- Games room
- Ski room
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy