An atmospheric, friendly hotel situated in the traditional unspoiled Lappish village of Äkäslompolo. It enjoys a highly scenic and peaceful wooded location with miles of cross-country ski trails starting from the door. Its popular bar, dance floor, restaurant and night club form the hub of local entertainment. The hotel is a 5 minutes' walk (500m) to the village centre. The ski bus (free to hotel guests) stops outside the hotel.
- No. of rooms: 72
- No. of buildings: 2
- No. of floors: 2
- No. of interconnecting rooms: 0
- Annex: Studios are located 50m from the main hotel building.
Types of accommodation:
- Hotel rooms are 3 star quality. Superior Studios are 4 star quality.
Hotel rooms (sleep 1-3) - all are appointed with
- Shower, WC, Hairdryer
- TV, Telephone
- Kettle, Minibar
- All comfortable twins take a 3rd bed
- No single supplement
1-room Studio 28m² (sleeps 2-3) - all high quality Kanerva Studios (50m from main hotel) are appointed with:
- Twin beds and double sofa bed in lounge area
- Shower, WC, Sauna, Hairdryer, Minibar
- Fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher and clothes washing machine
- WI-FI access (daily fee)
- Lift accessible: No
- Lift serves all floors: No
- No. of steps into property:
- Access ramp: Yes
Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Good hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 3 course buffet dinner or €10 credit towards à la carte menu
- New Year's Eve gala dinner, live music and dancing
- 5 minutes' walk (500m) to the village centre
- Free ski bus stops outside
- Bar with large dance floor
- Gym, sauna, indoor swimming pool (Free)
- Spa treatments (pay locally)
- WI-FI available in all hotel rooms and studios (daily fee)
- Free use of guest PC in lobby
- Ski waxing room
- Free Holiday Host Programme (worth over 100€ per person) for guests arriving on any January date, including kick-sled, snowshoe and cross-country ski tasters and Northern Lights excursion
- Indoor pool
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
2021/2022 Season offersHalf Price Equipment Hire - Half price ski hire or carriage - when you book your lift pass. Offer available on all dates.Not valid on bookings made within 6 weeks of departure
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy