Brand new for Winter 2017/18 and due to open on in early December, The Star Arctic Hotel will be Saariselka's newest property. Being located at the top of the fell away from the light pollution of the village centre, it will provide a brilliant spot to view the Northern Lights from the comfort of your accommodation.
All the suites, located in their own buildings a short walk from the main reception and restaurant area, will be duplex with a large glass window looking out over the main village. The hotel will be located approx. 1km from the Saariselka centre, which can be reached by public transport or pleasant walk. The hotel will have a public sauna with large glass windows, modern restaurant and bar, all located in the main building.
Prices are based on half board for all dates. Guests staying between 23 -26 December will have full board included on these nights, and those staying for 25 December and 31 December will enjoy festive gala dinners at the hotel.
- Bedrooms are in separate detached buildings a short walk from the main building (see artist's impression aerial view).
- 'Standard' duplex suites with large glass window sleep 2-4 persons and have ensuite shower/wc, lounge area, flat screen TV, tea/coffee-maker, minibar, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and free Wi-Fi.
- All rooms have two floors with either twin beds or one double bed on the upper floor and double sofa bed on the lower floor. 'Suites with Sauna' have fireplace, private sauna and kitchenette in addition, whilst Glass Igloo Cabins only have one floor.
- Minibar or fridge
- Room safe
- Tea or coffee making facilities
- Half board included.
- Full board is included in our prices during the period 23 - 26 December, with special gala dinners taking place at the hotel on 25 December and 31 December.
- Special dietary requirements, please request at time of booking.
- The hotel will have a public sauna with large glass windows, modern restaurant and bar, all located in the main building.
- Public sauna
- Reception area
- Use of toboggans (pay locally)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout in rooms and rest of hotel.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
2021/2022 Season offersHalf Price Equipment Hire - Half price ski hire or carriage - when you book your lift pass. Offer available on all dates.Not valid on bookings made within 6 weeks of departure
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy