If part of your holiday is all about that view you get from your room, then the Seevilla Freiberg will not disappoint. The lakeside location couldn’t get any better and all rooms face the lake – as do the dining rooms and the spa.
The hotel is modern and stylish throughout - making the most of natural woods and marble, along with a fresh colour palette. But they haven’t forgotten their Austrian roots either, with lots of classic touches adding to the character of the building.
The team at the Freiberg are a friendly lot. No request seems to be too much for them – their aim is for you to go home with a smile on your face and fond memories of your stay. The food is a tasty fusion of Mediterranean and Austrian fare – all carefully prepared and presented. And the breakfast spread will set you up perfectly for a day out on Schmittenhöhe or up on the Kitzsteinhorn.
There’s a free shuttle service up to the CityXpress gondola, or it’s around a 10-minute walk in boots. And if you want to experience the culture of Zell am See then it’s just a few minutes along the lakeside promenade to the resort centre.
- Superb lakeside location, and ski bus stops nearby.
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation room.
- Stunning lake views with curling and skating on the lake (weather permitting).
- superb lakeside location
- 10 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the City Xpress gondola
- ski bus stop nearby
All rooms have a hairdryer, satellite TV, safe, minibar and free WiFi.
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
- Twin room with balcony or terrace - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi throughout
- winter garden
- spa area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin, fitness room and relaxation room
- extra charge for massage and beauty treatments
- attractive sun terrace
- curling and skating on the lake (weather permitting)
- 40 rooms
- lift to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon snack buffet (3pm-5pm)
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly gala dinner and themed buffet
- 6-course Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
All bedrooms are on the lakeside of the hotel, minimising any possible disturbance from the nearby railway line.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy