If part of your holiday is all about that view you get from your room, then the Seevilla Freiberg will not disappoint. The lakeside location couldn’t get any better and all rooms face the lake – as do the dining rooms and the spa.
The hotel is modern and stylish throughout - making the most of natural woods and marble, along with a fresh colour palette. But they haven’t forgotten their Austrian roots either, with lots of classic touches adding to the character of the building.
The team at the Freiberg are a friendly lot. No request seems to be too much for them – their aim is for you to go home with a smile on your face and fond memories of your stay. The food is a tasty fusion of Mediterranean and Austrian fare – all carefully prepared and presented. And the breakfast spread will set you up perfectly for a day out on Schmittenhöhe or up on the Kitzsteinhorn.
There’s a free shuttle service up to the CityXpress gondola, or it’s around a 10-minute walk in boots. And if you want to experience the culture of Zell am See then it’s just a few minutes along the lakeside promenade to the resort centre.
- Superb lakeside location, and ski bus stops nearby.
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation room.
- Stunning lake views with curling and skating on the lake (weather permitting).
- superb lakeside location
- 10 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the City Xpress gondola
- ski bus stop nearby
All rooms have a hairdryer, satellite TV, safe, minibar and free WiFi.
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
- Twin room with balcony or terrace - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi throughout
- winter garden
- spa area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin, fitness room and relaxation room
- extra charge for massage and beauty treatments
- attractive sun terrace
- curling and skating on the lake (weather permitting)
- 40 rooms
- lift to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon snack buffet (3pm-5pm)
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly gala dinner and themed buffet
- 6-course Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
All bedrooms are on the lakeside of the hotel, minimising any possible disturbance from the nearby railway line.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy