If you're all about the view, then the Seevilla Freiberg will not disappoint. The lakeside location couldn’t get any better and all rooms face the lake – as do the dining rooms and the spa.
The hotel is modern and stylish throughout - making the most of natural woods and marble, along with a fresh colour palette. But they haven’t forgotten their Austrian roots either, with lots of classic touches adding to the character of the building.
The team at the Freiberg are a friendly bunch. No request seems to be too much for them and their aim is for you to go home with a smile on your face and fond memories of your stay. The food is a tasty fusion of Mediterranean and Austrian fare, carefully prepared and presented. And the breakfast spread will set you up perfectly for a day out on Schmittenhöhe or up on the Kitzsteinhorn.
There’s a free shuttle service up to the City Xpress gondola, or it’s around 10 minutes' walk in ski boots. And if you want to experience the culture of Zell am See then it’s just a few minutes' walk along the lakeside promenade to the resort centre.
- Superb lakeside location.
- Enjoy use of the sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation room.
- Have a game of curling or go ice skating on the lake.
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Gym/fitness centre
- Welcome drink
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Afternoon snack buffet (3-5pm)
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- Weekly gala dinner and themed buffet
- 6-course Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
- All bedrooms are on the lakeside of the hotel, minimising any possible disturbance from the nearby railway line.
- Safety standards for balconies and public walkways are different in Austria – the railings may be lower and they could have ornamental features you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland. Please take extra care on or around them, and make sure children aged under 12 years are always supervised.
- Superb lakeside location
- 10 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the City Xpress gondola
- Ski bus stop nearby
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
- Twin room with balcony - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed when booked for three, private bath or shower, WC and balcony with lake view.
All rooms have a hairdryer, satellite TV, safe, minibar and free WiFi.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
- Free WiFi throughout
- Winter garden
- Spa area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin, fitness room and relaxation room
- Extra charge for massage and beauty treatments
- Sun terrace
- Curling and skating on the lake (weather permitting)
- 40 rooms
- Lift to all floors