Plonked in the middle of Schüttdorf, a village just outside of Zell am See is the colourful Hotel Latini – a real stand-out presence against the snowy Alpine backdrop.
The hotel lies a short walk away from the Areitbahn cable car, which’ll whisk you straight up to the ski area for you to explore at whatever pace you like. Back down in the valley, the hotel is home to a variety of restaurants and bars, the Gold Spa and a fitness centre. So, after a day in the mountains, you can warm up in the sauna or swimming pool, grab a glass of wine at the Hotelbar ‘Uno’ or, if you’re really crazy, work up even more of a sweat on the treadmill.
The rooms at the Latini are typically Austrian, with pine-panelled walls and ceilings, and balconies affording fantastic views over the village. The public areas are pretty stylish too, with warm, welcoming furnishings in the bars and a modern, ambient design in the spa.
For foodies, the Stuberl Parlour restaurant serves up a unique choice of dishes both morning and evening, while Papa Rudolfo’s Pizzeria is the place to go for your pizza fix. As well as the Hotelbar ‘Uno’ – known for its refreshing cocktails and extensive wine menu – the Enzian Stub’n has weekly karaoke (great for après addicts), while the Latini Bierstubn offers a daily happy throughout the winter season.
What’s more, as a guest at the Latini, you have access to the restaurants and Vulcano Spa at its sister hotel, the Hotel Schütthof, just next door.
- In the village of Schüttdorf, just a 1-minute walk to the ski bus stop.
- Indoor pool and spa with sauna, steam room and fitness studio.
- Four restaurants and three bars across two hotels to choose from.
- in the centre of the village of Schüttdorf
- 25 minutes' walk to the centre of Zell am See
- 6 minutes' walk to the Areit Gondola
- 1-minute walk to the ski bus stop
- 6 minutes' walk to the ski school and nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer and safe. Cots are available to hire on request, free of charge.
- Twin room (20m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room (25m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, a single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- occasional live music
- lounge with fireplace
- sun terrace
- free WiFi in hotel rooms
- wellness area with indoor pool, sauna, steam room and relaxation area
- fitness studio
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- complimentary access to the Hotel Schütthof's Vulcano Spa
- kids' play room
- beer garden
- Stuberl Parlour restaurant
- Papa Rudolfo Pizzeria
- Hotelbar 'Uno'
- Enzian Stub'n bar
- à la carte Zeitgeist restaurant at sister residence Hotel Schütthof
- Enzian Stuberl at sister residence Hotel Schütthof
- lift to all floors
- ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon snack (3-5pm)
- 5-course evening meals with salad or themed buffets
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala meals included
- one complimentary drink each Monday (at around 6.30pm)
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy