Plonked in the middle of Schüttdorf, a village just outside of Zell am See is the colourful Hotel Latini – a real stand-out presence against the snowy Alpine backdrop.
The hotel lies a short walk away from the Areitbahn cable car, which’ll whisk you straight up to the ski area for you to explore at whatever pace you like. Back down in the valley, the hotel is home to a variety of restaurants and bars, the Gold Spa and a fitness centre. So, after a day in the mountains, you can warm up in the sauna or swimming pool, grab a glass of wine at the Hotelbar ‘Uno’ or, if you’re really crazy, work up even more of a sweat on the treadmill.
The rooms at the Latini are typically Austrian, with pine-panelled walls and ceilings, and balconies affording fantastic views over the village. The public areas are pretty stylish too, with warm, welcoming furnishings in the bars and a modern, ambient design in the spa.
For foodies, the Stuberl Parlour restaurant serves up a unique choice of dishes both morning and evening, while Papa Rudolfo’s Pizzeria is the place to go for your pizza fix. As well as the Hotelbar ‘Uno’ – known for its refreshing cocktails and extensive wine menu – the Enzian Stub’n has weekly karaoke (great for après addicts), while the Latini Bierstubn offers a daily happy throughout the winter season.
What’s more, as a guest at the Latini, you have access to the restaurants and Vulcano Spa at its sister hotel, the Hotel Schütthof, just next door.
- In the village of Schüttdorf, just a 1-minute walk to the ski bus stop.
- Indoor pool and spa with sauna, steam room and fitness studio.
- Four restaurants and three bars across two hotels to choose from.
- in the centre of the village of Schüttdorf
- 25 minutes' walk to the centre of Zell am See
- 6 minutes' walk to the Areit Gondola
- 1-minute walk to the ski bus stop
- 6 minutes' walk to the ski school and nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer and safe. Cots are available to hire on request, free of charge.
- Twin room (20m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room (25m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, a single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- occasional live music
- lounge with fireplace
- sun terrace
- free WiFi in hotel rooms
- wellness area with indoor pool, sauna, steam room and relaxation area
- fitness studio
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- complimentary access to the Hotel Schütthof's Vulcano Spa
- kids' play room
- beer garden
- Stuberl Parlour restaurant
- Papa Rudolfo Pizzeria
- Hotelbar 'Uno'
- Enzian Stub'n bar
- à la carte Zeitgeist restaurant at sister residence Hotel Schütthof
- Enzian Stuberl at sister residence Hotel Schütthof
- lift to all floors
- ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon snack (3-5pm)
- 5-course evening meals with salad or themed buffets
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala meals included
- one complimentary drink each Monday (at around 6.30pm)
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy