Named after the lake that’s visible after the Spring thaw, the Maiensee is a quality hotel in the peaceful village of St Christoph. It’s run by the Traxl family and has an excellent reputation for hospitality and personal service.
The cosy atmosphere instantly makes you feel at home, from the roaring open fire to the comfy rooms – many with marble bathrooms and fantastic views. The homely atmosphere continues in the Maiensee Stuben – rustic dining parlours with traditional wooden décor – and the chic 1901 restaurant, lounge and sun terrace.
The location couldn’t be better. It’s opposite the ski school meeting point and less than a minute from the resort centre and nearest lift – which passes directly over the wellness area.
Speaking of which, the Astrumontis Spa is the perfect place to retire to after a day on the mountain. It’s got a bio-Swiss sauna, infrared sauna, crystal steam bath, mineral showers and whirlpool to really help you relax and rejuvenate. There’s also a range of treatments for those who want some proper indulgence, plus a fitness room for those who have extra energy to burn.
- Opposite the ski school and close to the resort centre and lift.
- Wellness area with whirlpool, saunas, steam bath and fitness room.
- Maiensee Stuben dining parlours and 1901 restaurant, lounge and sun terrace.
- less than 1 minute's walk to the resort centre and nearest lift
- less than 1 minute to the ski school, nursery slops and ski bus stop
All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe and minibar/fridge, and are non-smoking.
- Twin room (22m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Superior twin room (30m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Deluxe twin room (35m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- wellness area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room
- extra charge for massage and treatments
- 1901 lounge and restaurant
- Maiensee Stuben
- sun terrace
- ski room with heated book rack
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- large continental breakfast buffet
- 4-course evening meals with 3 choices of main course
- weekly gala meal with a set menu
- complimentary afternoon cakes and snacks (drinks chargable)
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners are included
Christmas Eve: Bonfire and mulled wine, champagne reception and Tyrolean choir, gala dinner with one bottle of red wine included.
New Year's Eve: Gala dinner with one bottle of wine and one bottle of champagne included, live music and fireworks.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy