Named after the lake that’s visible after the Spring thaw, the Maiensee is a quality hotel in the peaceful village of St Christoph. It’s run by the Traxl family and has an excellent reputation for hospitality and personal service.
The cosy atmosphere instantly makes you feel at home, from the roaring open fire to the comfy rooms – many with marble bathrooms and fantastic views. The homely atmosphere continues in the Maiensee Stuben – rustic dining parlours with traditional wooden décor – and the chic 1901 restaurant, lounge and sun terrace.
The location couldn’t be better. It’s opposite the ski school meeting point and less than a minute from the resort centre and nearest lift – which passes directly over the wellness area.
Speaking of which, the Astrumontis Spa is the perfect place to retire to after a day on the mountain. It’s got a bio-Swiss sauna, infrared sauna, crystal steam bath, mineral showers and whirlpool to really help you relax and rejuvenate. There’s also a range of treatments for those who want some proper indulgence, plus a fitness room for those who have extra energy to burn.
- Opposite the ski school and close to the resort centre and lift.
- Wellness area with whirlpool, saunas, steam bath and fitness room.
- Maiensee Stuben dining parlours and 1901 restaurant, lounge and sun terrace.
- less than 1 minute's walk to the resort centre and nearest lift
- less than 1 minute to the ski school, nursery slops and ski bus stop
All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe and minibar/fridge, and are non-smoking.
- Twin room (22m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Superior twin room (30m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Deluxe twin room (35m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- wellness area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room
- extra charge for massage and treatments
- 1901 lounge and restaurant
- Maiensee Stuben
- sun terrace
- ski room with heated book rack
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- large continental breakfast buffet
- 4-course evening meals with 3 choices of main course
- weekly gala meal with a set menu
- complimentary afternoon cakes and snacks (drinks chargable)
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners are included
Christmas Eve: Bonfire and mulled wine, champagne reception and Tyrolean choir, gala dinner with one bottle of red wine included.
New Year's Eve: Gala dinner with one bottle of wine and one bottle of champagne included, live music and fireworks.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy