The Hotel Kertess is full of character and tradition, and sits in an elevated position looking towards the beautiful Rendl mountain.
- In a quieter part of the resort.
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room.
The Hotel Kertess is full of character and tradition, and sits in an elevated position looking towards the beautiful Rendl mountain. You'll never be far from the action as it's only 15 minutes' walk to the village centre and ski lifts. If you don't fancy the walk one morning, hop on the ski bus that stops directly outside the hotel.
It's a stylish hotel with friendly staff and excellent in-house facilities. The rooms are decorated with warm colours and Austrian-inspired soft furnishings. With everything you need to make your stay comfortable, these rooms are an ideal retreat after a busy day on the slopes.
The traditionally decorated, wooden-clad dining room hosts the buffet breakfast and 4-course evening meals. If you fancy a break from the slopes, head back to the hotel in the late afternoon for an afternoon snack. Later on, if you're feeling peckish, enjoy an après-ski snack in the hotel bar.
If you fancy a little rest and recuperation, head to the indoor pool, sauna and steam room for a well-deserved relax. For a real treat, go all out and book a massage for an extra charge.
- All rooms have a hairdryer, WiFi and flatscreen satellite TV.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Family room - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- On a hill
- 15-20 minutes' walk to the village centre and lifts
- Ski bus stop outside
- Shuttle bus to the lifts (8.30-11am)
- 15 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
Food and drink
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Daily afternoon snack (4-5pm)
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of main course and daily salad and cheese buffets (drinks not included)
- Weekly farmers' buffet
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
- Free WiFi
- Lounge and bar
- Indoor pool (8am – 8pm)
- Sauna and steam room (4-8pm)
- Extra charge for massages
- 49 rooms
- Lift to all floors
- Ski room
Good to know
Smart/casual dress is required in the restaurant.
Groups of more than 10 people are accepted on request only.
Safety standards for balconies and public walkways are different in Austria – the railings may be lower and they could have ornamental features you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland. Please take extra care on or around them, and make sure children aged under 12 years are always supervised.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy