The Landhaus Bauer is the small country house annexe of the Hotel Bauer - one of Saalbach's leading hotels. The Landhaus is right in the centre of town, tucked away down a peaceful side street - great for both enjoying the lively nightlife of Saalbach and for getting a good night's sleep. Also, you can be on your first lift of the day within a couple of minutes.
Back at the Landhaus, you've got a Finnish sauna, indoor pool and fitness room to keep you busy while away from the slopes. The rooms are tastefully decorated in a typically Austrian country house style. It's a family-run enterprise and the Gegenhuber-Kraschowetz family take pride in their reputation for high standards and genuine personal service. And with your meals taken at the main hotel, about 100 metres away, you know you are going to be eating well.
- Central location, 2 minutes' walk to the Schattberg, Bernkogel and Kohlmais ski lifts.
- Finnish sauna, indoor pool and fitness room.
- Conservatory and café/cake shop in the main hotel, Hotel Bauer.
- Popular après ski bar onsite - 'Bauer's Schi-Alm' .
- central location, 100m from the main hotel
- 2 minutes' walk to the Schattberg, Bernkogel and Kohlmais ski lifts
- ski back to within 50m of the main hotel
All rooms have a cable TV, hairdryer and bathrobes.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- conservatory and café/cake shop in the main hotel
- Bauer's Schi-Alm après bar 1 minute's walk away
- fitness room and sauna
- extra charge for massage
- indoor pool
- 4 bedrooms
- welcome drink
- welcome schnapps and chocolate
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- weekly sparkling wine breakfast
- après ski snack
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly farmers' buffet and gala dinner
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
- All meals are taken in the main hotel.
- Smart dress is required for Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners.
- There is no lift in the Landhaus Bauer.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Notice to all customers staying in either Guesthouses / Pensions / Small and Friendly accommodations;
Please be advised that Fire safety standards in Austria differ to those in the UK and Ireland, and the majority of these property types are not required to have a fire alarm.
For your own safety, please ensure you observe all No Smoking signs and familiarise yourselves with your nearest exit on arrival.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of our resort staff.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy