Aside from its excellent location - right in the heart of Saalbach's pedestrianised high street and close to many ski lifts including the Schattberg, Kohlmais and Bernkogel - the Hotel Bauer is one of this lively resort's top hotels. Typically Austrian, in both style and service, you can expect an extremely warm welcome. The traditional decor really sets the tone, beautifully fusing the old with the new.
The Gegenhuber-Kraschowetz family have a great reputation for extremely high standards of cuisine - you'll get to try out some local dishes and more familiar items on the menu alongside an extensive wine list from Austria and beyond - once a week there's also a sparkling wine breakfast served.
The hotel only has 35 rooms so you'll receive a very personal and friendly experience. There are some fantastic facilities to make the most of your time off the slopes - including an indoor swimming pool and a modern wellness area with a wealth of treatments and massages available to indulge in alongside saunas, steam rooms and relaxation areas.
There are also rooms available in the Bauer's country house annexe, the Landhaus Bauer. The Landhaus is just 100 metres from the main hotel and has its own sauna and fitness area.
- Schattberg, Bernkogel and Kohlmais ski lifts all within 2 minutes' walk.
- Conservatory café/patisserie.
- Spa area with indoor pool, sauna, bio light sauna, steam room.
- Popular après ski bar - 'Bauer's Schi-Alm'.
- central location
- Schattberg, Bernkogel and Kohlmais ski lifts, all within 2 minutes' walk
- skiing back to within 50m of main hotel
All rooms have cable TV with Sky, free WiFi, hairdryer, minibar and safe.
- Twin Superior Room (25m²) sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Twin Deluxe Room (27m²) sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC
- Single Room (15m²): single bed, private shower or bath, WC
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- conservatory and café
- 2 bars
- café/cake shop
- indoor swimming pools and sauna
- extra charge for massage
- fitness room (in the Landhaus annexe)
- 35 bedrooms
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- weekly sparkling wine breakfast
- après ski snack
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly farmers' buffet and gala dinner
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
Smart dress is required for Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy