Right next to the Festkogel gondola is one of the best value options available in Obergurgl - the Hotel Sportiv. Jam-packed with traditional Tyrolean style, the rooms are basic yet warm and comfy, and service is friendly and welcoming - plus you’ve got some surprising extras from the neighbouring Crystal Hotel.
The hotel bar and lounge decor is very typical of the region. Relax with a drink in front of a blazing log fire. Mealtimes are a chance to try some of the local cuisine – although more familiar favourites are also available to keep you well fed. Vegetarians are also catered for. And in case you’re peckish when you come back from the slopes there’s a great après snack spread available each day.
The Hotel Sportiv is connected to the Crystal Lifestyle Hotel which has a higher star rating. You'll have access to the Crystal Lifestyle's facilities including the spa, ski room and free kids' club.
You don't even need to venture outside to access the Crystal and its modern split-level spa, wellness and pool centre. The spa is where you can really get a taste of Obergurgl’s trademark luxury – indulge in a range of treatments and massages. Waterbabies can choose from a 15m sports pool or smaller relaxation pool indoors – or head out to the outdoor pool. There are two wellness areas too – clothed and non-textile saunas and steam rooms – plus plenty of space to unwind.
You’ll have an allocated spot to stash your skis, and hang up your boots to dry out – in one of the most modern ski rooms going. Plus you walk out the door and you're on the gondola. You can also ski virtually back to the ski room via either a blue or red slope.
- Ski-to-door hotel next to the Festkogel gondola.
- Traditional Tyrolean decor and atmosphere.
- Superb value for experiencing Obergurgl.
- Sister hotel of The Crystal with complimentary use of their wellness and pool facilities.
- 6 minutes' walk to village centre
- ski-in, ski-out
- ski bus stop outside
- 5 minutes' walk to ski school meeting point
All rooms have a hairdryer and cable TV.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed when booked for three or double sofa bed when booked for four, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed when booked for three or double sofa bed when booked for four, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Please note: All rooms are in the Hotel Sportiv hotel, which shares its facilities with the Hotel Crystal Lifestyle.
- free WiFi in lobby areas
- lounge and bar with open fireplace
- non-smoking dining room
- complimentary use of wellness facilities at the Hotel Crystal including indoor pool and heated outdoor pool, 2,000m² split level wellness area with bio sauna, outdoor sauna with panoramic views, steam room, infrared cabin, fitness room, whirlpool, hot water grotto and relaxation area
- extra charge for massage and solarium
- free Smiley Kids' Club with supervision in Hotel Crystal, Sun-Fri 10am-9pm with lunch included for children 3-12 years inclusive
- 30 bedrooms
- lift to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- daily après ski snack
- buffet evening meals with choice of main course and daily salad buffet
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy