Surrounded by beautiful meadows and mountains in Obergurgl in the Ötztal and directly at the ski area, Obergurgl-Hochgurgl is our family-run 3-star Superior Hotel Mathiesn located. Enjoy direct access to the pistes and in summer you can start all hikes and bike tours directly at the hotel. Feel comfortable and at home in your personal top spot amidst the stunning mountain scenery of Obergurgl.
The hospitable atmosphere in the Hotel Mathiesn and the modern-rustic, alpine flair since November 2016 make your holiday a special treat in Obergurgl in the Ötztal. Our new cosy lobby with fireplace and hotel bar, the new reception, the new dining room and new, spacious hotel rooms contribute to your comfort in the 3 star superior Hotel Mathiesn. Discover it yourself!
Good things in the Hotel Mathiesn:
- Hospitality in the traditional family-run hotel
- Relax in modern, rustic rooms with alpine flair
- Sunbathing on the cosy sun terrace
- Relaxing hours in our sauna area
- Eat-in the à la carte Restaurant "Grüner Stuben"
- Park relaxed - right in front of the Hotel Mathiesn
- Free Wi-Fi in the whole hotel area
Beautiful things in Obergurgl and environment:
- Central location in the centre of Obergurgl
- Fantastic panorama and many hours of sunshine
- Direct access to the entire ski and hiking area of Obergurgl
- Cycling, mountaineering, climbing and hiking in summer
- Skiing, tobogganing, snowshoe hiking and ski touring in winter
Rooms & Prices
The Hotel Mathiesn and the Guesthouse Mathiesn, which is located just next door, are two wonderful places that make Obergurgl your home away from home. Both houses are unique and offer an unforgettable holiday experience that meets your needs and budget.
Both houses are located next to the slopes and offer all the comfort that turns your holiday into a special experience. The Hotel Mathiesn offers generous, newly renovated and modern rooms with an Alpine touch while our Guesthouse Mathiesn offers smaller but very cosy rooms at a special price.
Enjoy the wellness area, our dining possibilities and the sun terrace in the Hotel Mathiesn. We will be happy to make your holiday unique and unforgettable.
Our à la carte restaurant "Grüner Stuben" at the 3-star superior Hotel Mathiesn in Obergurgl spoils our hotel guests as well as guests from abroad. Here you can enjoy lunch on our sun terrace with a view at the fantastic mountain panorama of Obergurgl. Delicious meals will be served by regional and international food during your ski or summer vacation.
Discover the hearty Tyrolean cuisine or choose one of the lighter dishes, accompanied by a glass of wine. Whether you want to enjoy an extensive meal or just a quick snack, our à la Carte restaurant “Grüner Stuben” in Obergurgl is your first choice.
Our opening hours are from Monday to Sunday from 11.00 a.m. to 09.00 p.m. The evening menu is served from 06.00 p.m.
Visit our sun terrace and get spoiled with delicious specialities of Obergurgl whilst enjoying a breathtaking view over the impressive mountain scenery of the Ötztal Alps. It is a perfect place to get some rest and to raise a glass to your most precious days of the year in the charming atmosphere of our family-owned 3 Star Superior Hotel Mathiesn.
Sauna Area & Wellness
After a day on the slopes in the ski resort of Obergurgl-Hochgurgl or after a challenging walk through the impressive hiking trails of Obergurgl, you can relax in our cosy sauna area. Do your body good things and spend relaxing hours in our wellness and relaxation area during your holiday at our 3 Star Superior Hotel Mathiesn.
Our 3 Star Superior Hotel Mathiesn in Obergurgl in the Ötztal valley is a delightful place for sustainable regeneration. A special place to switch off and start over or just to feel what is good. Let yourself drift through the deserved holiday time in Tyrol and collect new powers for body, mind and soul!
The sauna area in our 3 Star Superior Hotel Mathiesn is open daily from 4.00 to 7.00 pm.
Wellness all-around pleasure in the 3-star superior hotel Mathiesn!
Our sauna area offers the following relaxing opportunities:
- Finnish sauna - just to feel what is good
- Herbal Sanarium - to relax the muscles
- Turkish steam bath - enjoyable place for regeneration
- The relaxation room offers pleasant silence to find your own rhythm.
Treat yourself to a break after a day on the slopes or at the mountains in Obergurgl in one of our saunas. The healthy heat will not only make you feel relaxed but will also strengthen your body for a new exciting day in Obergurgl.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy