Hotel Austria is a fine example of genuine Austrian hospitality, style and elegance. Run by three generations of the Steiner family and their excellent team you can be sure of a warm and friendly welcome. The Austria has a fantastic, peaceful location – slightly elevated above the centre of Obergurgl, and with a blue run right across the road to make it easy to access to the mountain first thing in the morning, and cruise right back home after a day of skiing around the Valley of the Kings.
Twin rooms in the original hotel are all decorated in classic Austrian style, with wooden furniture and a comfortable feel. The small twin rooms, single rooms and apartments are located in the modern Residenz annexe, a ski-in, ski-out building that’s just 20 seconds’ walk over the road from the original wing and is also accessible by underground passage.
Food is taken seriously at the Hotel Austria, with high quality, local ingredients and service to match. Expect a great mix of Tyrolean cuisine and international dishes served in the wood-panelled restaurant, and an excellent range of wines from Austria and beyond to complement your meals.
Little ones from two years old can make the most of the free kids' club, running from Sunday to Friday – allowing Mum and Dad time to get the most out of Obergurgl and Hochgurgl's queue-free lift system, or even enjoy a little break in the evenings.
The Austria is the interconnected sister hotel to the Bellevue. Just stroll through the underground tunnel to the Bellevue to spend some time in the beautiful spa, which has heated indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, a steam bath and a relaxation room with waterbeds – the perfect place to relax after a day on the slopes.
- Great location in the centre of Obergurgl, 2 minutes' walk to the nearest piste.
- Run by three generations of the Steiner family.
- Indoor pool and heated outdoor pool with panoramic views.
- Excellent spa facilities.
- 2 minutes' walk over the road to the Blue 6 run
- 8 minutes' walk to the Rosskarbahn chairlift and the Hohe Mut 1 gondola
- quiet location on a hill, 5 minutes' walk down to the main street
- 3 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- ice skating rink opposite the hotel
All rooms have a satellite TV, radio, safe (deposit required) and hairdryer.
- Small twin room (Residenz annexe) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room (main building) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
- Type C apartment (Residenz annexe) - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin bedroom, separate lounge with double sofa bed or second bedroom with Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Single room (Residenz annexe) - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
Small rooms, single rooms and family suites are all located in the Residenz annexe. The Residenz building is across the road and also connected by underground passage to the Hotel Austria.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- bar and lounge
- heated outdoor pool with panoramic views
- indoor pool
- spa with sauna, bio sauna, salt steam bath, steam room, two whirlpools and relaxation room with waterbeds
- extra charge for salt grotto and massages
- fitness room
- large games room
- hotel-run kids' club
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- 40 rooms
Some facilities are located in the sister Hotel Belleuve, which is connected by an underground passage.
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon sweet and savoury snack buffet (3.30-5pm)
- 5-course evening meal with a choice of main course, and daily salad buffet
- weekly starter buffet
- weekly farmers' buffet and gala dinner
- occasional international themed buffets
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
- Smart casual dress required for dinner - no trainers or tracksuits please.
- Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy