Haus Gurgl ****Skihotel is a stylishly modern hotel in the lively resort of Obergurgl. This family-run hotel offers high standards throughout, from the rooms to the restaurant.
The location couldn’t be better – just step out the ski room door, feet toasty thanks to the heated boot warmers, clip into your skis and cruise less than 100m to the Wiesenlift drag lift. At the top, it’s a short ski down a blue run to the Festkoglbahn gondola, your gateway to the whole of the Obergurgl-Hochgurgl area. The ski school meets just by the drag lift too, and buses also stop right outside the hotel to take you to the Festkoglbahn, Hochgurgl and Sölden.
But the Gurgl has much more to offer than just a fantastic location. The traditional chalet-style façade hides a contemporary interior with plenty of luxury touches. Spacious rooms are available in both wings of the hotel, and vary between classic and more modern décor. Plush beds will ensure you get a good night’s sleep, and many rooms also have a balcony.
The restaurant is another highlight. The design is Austrian tradition meets modern elegance, and the food is just as enticing. Choose from a wide range of fare at breakfast to fuel you up for the day, and make sure you’re back between 3 and 5pm to indulge in delicious homemade cakes. But save some room for dinner – you’ll be spoilt for choice with four courses of Austrian and international cuisine.
If you’re around the hotel at lunchtime, pop into the Belmonte Pizzeria to feast on wood-fired pizzas or fresh pasta, rounded off with homemade tiramisu, or grab something to take away.
And if all that food hasn’t put you to sleep, head to the Verwall Gletscher Spa. Here you’ll find 300m² of wellness facilities including Finnish and herbal saunas, a salt steam bath, an infrared cabin and a relaxation area, along with a menu of soothing massages and beauty treatments.
- Nursery slopes, ski school meeting place and ski kindergarten directly behind the hotel and 5 minutes' walk to the gondola.
- 300m² spa area with saunas, Kneipp showers and relaxation room.
- Modern and elegant dining room, bar and lounge.
- 6 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 5 minutes' walk to the Festkoglbahn gondola
- Wiesenlift drag lift, nursery slopes, ski school meeting place and ski kindergarten are directly behind the hotel
- ski bus stop outside
All rooms have a flatscreen cable TV, hairdryer and safe.
- Twin room (original wing - 25m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room (original wing - 28m²) - sleeps 2-3: large, north-facing room with Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Family room (original wing - 30m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): large, north-facing room with Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior twin room (new wing - 42m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, single bed, single roll-out bed (only suitable for children) private shower, bath, WC, and balcony.
Please note: Room sizes are approximate.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- limited free WiFi
- dining room
- bar and lounge
- à la carte pizzeria
- 300m² Verwall Glacier Spa with Finnish sauna, herbal sauna, steam bath, infrared cabin, Kniepp showers and relaxation room
- extra charge for massages and beauty treatments
- ski room with heated boot rack
- sports and ski hire shop
- 23 rooms
- lift to 4th floor
- hot and cold buffet breakfast (7.30-10am)
- afternoon cake (extra charge for drinks)
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of main course, and daily salad buffet
- Christmas Day and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
The Haus Gurgl is non-smoking throughout.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy