The Hotel Sonnschein has an easy, relaxed atmosphere that you're sure to love. The friendly team are on hand throughout your stay to help make it the best it can be.
The hotel itself has two wings branching off of the main reception and dining areas. The original central part of the Sonnschein is decorated in classic Alpine style, while the newer wings has a fresher, more modern touch.
When it comes down to food, you can sample Tyrolean favourites as well as international cuisine. Plus there’s always a veggie option. And after dinner, you can sit around the fireplace in the lounge – the perfect place to make new friends and catch up on the day’s ski stories.
Down in the basement is the wellness suite – here you’ve got two swimming pools with underwater jets, a couple of saunas and a steam room. There’s also a large ski room with heated boot racks – or you can choose to store your gear up closer to the lifts.
Speaking of lifts, the Sonnschein is about a 10-minute walk in ski boots from the centre of town, the Markbachjoch gondola and the ski bus stop, and a little closer to the Tennladen nursery slopes.
- Two indoor pools and a spa area with two saunas, steam room and whirlpool.
- Hotel bar and lounge with a cosy open fire.
- Games room with pool table.
- 8 minutes' walk to the village centre and ski bus stop
- 10 minutes' walk to the Markbachjoch gondola and Tennladen lifts
- 3 minutes' walk to the nursery slopes, ski school meeting place and ski kindergarten
- close to the cross-country and walking trails
All rooms have a satellite TV, telephone, safe, hairdryer, fridge, and tea and coffee making facilities. Cots are available to hire on request (€7 per day). Bathrobes are also available or hire (€7 per week).
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Family room - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): one bedroom with Austrian twin beds and separate lounge with two single beds, private bath, WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior family room - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Family suite - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds and, double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- lounge with open fire
- bistro area for lunch/drinks
- extensive restaurant
- winter garden
- two indoor pools
- wellness area with steam room, two saunas and two infrared cabins
- extra charge for whirlpool and massages
- games room with table tennis and extra charge for pool table
- kids' playroom
- ski hire shop and storage at sister Hotel Harfenwirt (open until late on Sat)
- ski room with heated boot rack
- extra charge for washing machine and dryer
- non-smoking throughout
- free WiFi in lobby
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of three main courses, and daily salad buffet
- daily vegetarian options
- occasional farmers' buffet
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
For any dietary requirements, please advise at the time of booking.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy