The Hotel Sonnschein has an easy, relaxed atmosphere that you're sure to love. The friendly team are on hand throughout your stay to help make it the best it can be.
The hotel itself has two wings branching off of the main reception and dining areas. The original central part of the Sonnschein is decorated in classic Alpine style, while the newer wings has a fresher, more modern touch.
When it comes down to food, you can sample Tyrolean favourites as well as international cuisine. Plus there’s always a veggie option. And after dinner, you can sit around the fireplace in the lounge – the perfect place to make new friends and catch up on the day’s ski stories.
Down in the basement is the wellness suite – here you’ve got two swimming pools with underwater jets, a couple of saunas and a steam room. There’s also a large ski room with heated boot racks – or you can choose to store your gear up closer to the lifts.
Speaking of lifts, the Sonnschein is about a 10-minute walk in ski boots from the centre of town, the Markbachjoch gondola and the ski bus stop, and a little closer to the Tennladen nursery slopes.
- Two indoor pools and a spa area with two saunas, steam room and whirlpool.
- Hotel bar and lounge with a cosy open fire.
- Games room with pool table.
- 8 minutes' walk to the village centre and ski bus stop
- 10 minutes' walk to the Markbachjoch gondola and Tennladen lifts
- 3 minutes' walk to the nursery slopes, ski school meeting place and ski kindergarten
- close to the cross-country and walking trails
All rooms have a satellite TV, telephone, safe, hairdryer, fridge, and tea and coffee making facilities. Cots are available to hire on request (€7 per day). Bathrobes are also available or hire (€7 per week).
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Family room - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): one bedroom with Austrian twin beds and separate lounge with two single beds, private bath, WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior family room - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Family suite - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds and, double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- lounge with open fire
- bistro area for lunch/drinks
- extensive restaurant
- winter garden
- two indoor pools
- wellness area with steam room, two saunas and two infrared cabins
- extra charge for whirlpool and massages
- games room with table tennis and extra charge for pool table
- kids' playroom
- ski hire shop and storage at sister Hotel Harfenwirt (open until late on Sat)
- ski room with heated boot rack
- extra charge for washing machine and dryer
- non-smoking throughout
- free WiFi in lobby
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of three main courses, and daily salad buffet
- daily vegetarian options
- occasional farmers' buffet
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
For any dietary requirements, please advise at the time of booking.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy