Small in size but big on charm, the Eckartauerhof has a chocolate-box look, with wrap-around balconies and plenty of carved wood. And the setting's got that snug, alpine getaway feel too, from the views of the snowy Ziller valley out front to the pine-covered mountainsides behind.
The Schneebergers have been running things since it opened in the 60s, so it’s got the family-run feel that small Austrian stays are famous for. And it also ticks off all your post-ski essentials, with a bar and little wellness area where you can freshen up after a slope session.
Food is another highlight here, starting with a breakfast buffet that’s chock-full of local faves – think baskets of bread and platters of meat and cheese. Then to round off the day, the kitchen goes all out serving up 5-course evening meals. With lots of stews, dumplings and filling soups, it’ll hit the spot for hungry skiers, and you’ll get a choice of main course too.
As for the location, you’ll be staying outside the resort centre, so it’ll fit the bill if you prefer peaceful surroundings. Then when it’s time to head up the mountain, just hop on the free ski bus that stops outside to get to the Hornbergbahn gondola in around 5 minutes.
- Ski bus stop outside, so getting to the slopes is simple.
- Stretch out in the hotel sauna and infrared cabin.
- A traditional Tyrolean stay in a peaceful spot.
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 5-course evening meal with a choice of main course
- Vegetarian options are available
- Spa and wellness facilities
- 1 minute’s walk to the ski bus stop
- 3km to the resort centre
- 2km to the Horbergbahn gondola
- 2km to the nursery slopes
- 10 minutes' bus ride to the ski school meeting point
All rooms are non-smoking and have a TV, hairdryer, telephone and a safe.
Twin room with balcony – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room – sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
Cots are available to hire, free of charge, on request.
- Wellness area with sauna and infrared cabin (4-8pm)
- Boot room
- Free WiFi
- Lift to all floors
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy