Get an authentic Austria ski break with a stay at the Almhof – it’s family-run, very traditional in style, and super welcoming too.
Wooden furnishings and warm colours are common throughout, from the comfy bedrooms to the traditional parlour with open fire. You’ll enjoy a continental buffet spread each morning, and be free each evening to explore the many varied restaurants throughout Mayrhofen. Or keep things simple and upgrade to half board to get dinners at a local restaurant included.
A surprising bonus in a 3-star pension is the little wellness area, which you can pay extra to access. It's got a sauna and relaxation area as well as a fitness room.
The Almhof is in a peaceful location, surrounded by snow-covered meadows on the outskirts of the resort. It’s around 5 minutes’ walk to the centre and 15 minutes’ walk to the Penken gondola, which is certainly doable in ski boots, or you can catch the ski bus from just outside.
- Quiet location, 5 minutes' walk to the resort centre.
- Get cosy by the fire in the lounge.
- Traditional hotel with a family-run feel.
· continental buffet breakfast · optional upgrade to half board with 3-course evening meals (taken in a nearby restaurant)
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
- 5 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 15 minutes' walk to the Penken gondola
- Ski school meeting point at the top of the Penken gondola
- 1 minute's walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms have a satellite TV, free WiFi, telephone and safe.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed when booked for three, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
- extra charge for sauna and relaxation area
- extra charge for fitness room
- parlour with fireplace
- boot room
- free WiFi