If you like four-star service at three-star prices then the Landhaus Mayrhofen might be able to help. The Alpendomizil Neuhaus Hotel is a self contained mini-village at the bottom of Mayrhofen. It's about a 10-minute walk up to the Penken gondola, but the bus and train stations are just a snowball's throw away, so it's easy to explore the whole Ziller valley covered by your Zillertal area lift pass.
The Neuhaus' main hotel is made up of two interconnected wings - the original Neuhaus and the St Josef. The 3-star Landhaus Mayrhofen annexe is about 50 metres away and is a great way of experiencing one of Mayrhofen’s best hotels for less. In the Landhaus Mayrhofen, you'll still get the same great Neuhaus service, but the rooms are just a little more simple.
You'll even eat all your meals in the main hotel. The list of foods available on the breakfast buffet is longer than your arm – but you should definitely pay the Eierkoch a visit to get your eggs and omelettes cooked how you like them. In the evenings you'll be treated to a hearty selection of international and local dishes.
The Neuhaus complex has all you might need while away, right on your doorstep. There's the popular après Movie Bar, the Village gymnasium and an indoor pool with saunas. If you’re away with the kids, there’s a play area, games room and Austrian skittle alley. For serious 'me time' off the slopes, you may want to splash out at the Kamillendörfl, a modern, luxury spa with loads of saunas, steam rooms, relaxation areas and a wealth of massages and treatments to choose from.
- 8-10 minutes' walk to the Penken gondola, 1 minute to the ski bus stop.
- Annexe to the Hotel Neuhaus with use of many of their facilities.
- Access to the indoor pool and Kamillendörfl spa area at the Hotel Neuhaus.
- Comfortable lounge and bar with occassional live music in the Hotel Neuhaus.
- central location
- 1 minute's walk to the ski bus stop
- 8-10 minutes' walk to the Penken gondola
All rooms have a cable TV and hairdryer.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Triple room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and extra single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Quad room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds and extra double sofa bed, private shower and WC..
- Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- comfortable lounge and bar
- Movie Bar
- occassional live music
- indoor swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool
- extra charge for massages and Kamillendörfl spa area with five more saunas and a steam room
- weekly activity programme (Mon-Fri)
- children's playroom with toys
- extra charge for games room with pool table and bowling
- 25 bedrooms
- lift to all floors
Please note: All facilities are located in the main Hotel Neuhaus.
- buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
Meals are taken in the main building of the Hotel Neuhaus.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy