Starting out life as a simple guesthouse, the Garni Hotel Obermair has transformed into a popular, no frills hotel.
Over the years, they've added an annexe, an indoor pool and a nice little wellness area. But through all the changes, the Obermair hasn't lost it's its traditional charm and typical Austrian wooden panelling throughout.
The majority of our rooms are in the annexe - they're a little bit dated and this is reflected in the price. If you're planning on spending a bit more time in your room then you may want to choose one in the main building. The bedrooms in there are with a classic Alpine style and comfortable furnishings.
The heated indoor pool is a decent size - big enough for a few early morning laps, or a splash abou tafter getting back from the slopes. The pool is located in the main building, along with the wellness area with Finnish sauna, herbal sauna, steam bath and rain showers.
Bed and breakfast is the standard at the Obermair - and the breakfast by all accounts is very tasty. You'll get a range of hot and cold dishes from the buffet, and, if you want, you can also upgrade to half board - dinner is taken over at the Hotel Kramerwirt. If you're looking to sample the local restaurant cuisine, you've got Mayrhofen as your dining oyster and there's loads of choice.
Location wise you're just on the edge of town. The nearest bars and restaurants are just a couple of minutes away and the Penken gondola is only about a 12-minute walk. If you plan on getting out and about a little further into the Ziller Valley, the bus and train stations are both close by and the ski bus stops right outside.
- 5 minutes' walk to centre, and 1-minute walk to ski bus stop.
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room.
- Great value for money.
- 5 minutes' walk to resort centre
- 12 minutes' walk to Penken gondola
- 1-minute walk to ski bus stop
All bedrooms have a safe.
- Standard twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed when booked for three people, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed in seating area, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: two single beds, private shower and WC.
- Standard twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
- Standard twin room with balcony - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
- Single room with balcony - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- extra charge for WiFi
- lounge/breakfast room
- indoor pool, and renovated wellness area with 3 different saunas and steam room
- 30 bedrooms
- lift to all floors - original house
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- optional 3-course evening meals taken in Hotel Kramerwirt (5 minutes' walk)
- Christmas and New Year gala meals (additional supplement)
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to Know
When upgrading to half board, evening meals are taken at the Hotel Kramerwirt, a 5-minute walk away. This is a simple, good value 3-course set menu. For more choice and extra courses that the Hotel Kramerwirt customers receive, an additional upgrade is available locally.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy