Starting out life as a simple guesthouse, the Garni Hotel Obermair has transformed into a popular, no frills hotel.
Over the years, they've added an annexe, an indoor pool and a nice little wellness area. But through all the changes, the Obermair hasn't lost it's its traditional charm and typical Austrian wooden panelling throughout.
The majority of our rooms are in the annexe - they're a little bit dated and this is reflected in the price. If you're planning on spending a bit more time in your room then you may want to choose one in the main building. The bedrooms in there are with a classic Alpine style and comfortable furnishings.
The heated indoor pool is a decent size - big enough for a few early morning laps, or a splash abou tafter getting back from the slopes. The pool is located in the main building, along with the wellness area with Finnish sauna, herbal sauna, steam bath and rain showers.
Bed and breakfast is the standard at the Obermair - and the breakfast by all accounts is very tasty. You'll get a range of hot and cold dishes from the buffet, and, if you want, you can also upgrade to half board - dinner is taken over at the Hotel Kramerwirt. If you're looking to sample the local restaurant cuisine, you've got Mayrhofen as your dining oyster and there's loads of choice.
Location wise you're just on the edge of town. The nearest bars and restaurants are just a couple of minutes away and the Penken gondola is only about a 12-minute walk. If you plan on getting out and about a little further into the Ziller Valley, the bus and train stations are both close by and the ski bus stops right outside.
- 5 minutes' walk to centre, and 1-minute walk to ski bus stop.
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room.
- Great value for money.
- 5 minutes' walk to resort centre
- 12 minutes' walk to Penken gondola
- 1-minute walk to ski bus stop
All bedrooms have a safe.
- Standard twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed when booked for three people, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed in seating area, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: two single beds, private shower and WC.
- Standard twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
- Standard twin room with balcony - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
- Single room with balcony - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- extra charge for WiFi
- lounge/breakfast room
- indoor pool, and renovated wellness area with 3 different saunas and steam room
- 30 bedrooms
- lift to all floors - original house
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- optional 3-course evening meals taken in Hotel Kramerwirt (5 minutes' walk)
- Christmas and New Year gala meals (additional supplement)
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to Know
When upgrading to half board, evening meals are taken at the Hotel Kramerwirt, a 5-minute walk away. This is a simple, good value 3-course set menu. For more choice and extra courses that the Hotel Kramerwirt customers receive, an additional upgrade is available locally.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy