Once upon a time, the Garni Hotel Obermair was just a simple guesthouse. These days it has been transformed into a great little hotel, with a separate annexe building.
There's an indoor pool and a nice little wellness area with a sauna. Expect classic Austrian style with a modern touch - which matches the excellent service - friendly, personal and with lots of smiles.
The Obermair's annexe is where the majority of our rooms are. The annexe rooms are a little bit older in decor but this helps keep prices lower. If you plan on spending a bit more time in your room then you may want to choose a room in the original house. The bedrooms there combine classic Alpine style with comfortable furnishings.
The indoor pool isn't Olympic sized, but it's definitely big enough for a splash about after getting back from the slopes. The pool is in the original house, as is the wellness area, where you've got a Finnish sauna, herbal sauna, steam bath and rain showers - all free to use.
Bed and breakfast is the standard option at the Obermair. You'll get a range of hot and cold dishes from the buffet so you can really fuel up for your day out on the mountain. And Mayrhofen has loads of choices for dining in the evening. If you prefer to keep things easy you can also upgrade to half board - you'll eat at night in the nearby Hotel Kramerwirt - it's a fairly simple 3-course menu on offer, but good value if you're on a budget.
Location wise you're just on the edge of town. The nearest bars and restaurants are just a couple of minutes away and the Penken gondola is only about a 12-minute walk. Also, if you plan on getting out and about a little further into the Ziller Valley, the bus and train stations are both close by and the ski bus stops right outside.
- 5 minutes' walk to centre, 12 minutes' walk to Penken gondola, 1-minute walk to ski bus stop.
- Indoor pool, sauna and steam room.
- On a bed and breakfast basis giving you the opportunity to sample the local restaurants.
- Optional upgrade to half board taking set menu evening meals in nearby Hotel Kramerwirt.
- 5 minutes' walk to resort centre
- 12 minutes' walk to Penken gondola
- 1-minute walk to ski bus stop
- All bedrooms have a safe.
- Small Room (annexe) - sleeps 2: Two single beds, private shower and WC.
- Standard Room (annexe) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and some with extra sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Standard Room with balcony (annexe) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Single Room (annexe) - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower and WC.
- Single Room with balcony (annexe) - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Standard Room with balcony (original house) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and some with extra sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- Extra charge for WiFi
- Lounge/breakfast room
- Indoor pool, and renovated wellness area with 3 different saunas and steam room
- Lift to all floors
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Optional 3-course evening meals taken in Hotel Kramerwirt
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy