The Chalet Tirol enjoys a prime location close to the main Penkenbahn gondola in the very heart of vibrant Mayrhofen. The chalet has a comfortable lounge area in which to relax in after your day skiing.
This comfortable and homely chalet in traditional Tirolean style occupies the upper two floors of the house, above a shop and the popular ‘Café Tirol’. Run by the owners, completely separately to the chalet, it’s the most amazingly convenient place for dinner on your Chalet Hosts’ night off.
- The bedrooms are simply but comfortably furnished and many are large enough to have an extra single sofa-bed, if required.
- Most bedrooms have balcony and most have private en suite facilities.
- Two members of the Cafe Tirol staff live in the chalet
Lower Ground Floor
- Ski and boot room
- Entrance and stairs to chalet
- Dining room and newly built lounge with TV
- Rooms 1, 2, 3, 6 Austrian Twins with shower/wc/balcony*
- Room 4 Double with shower/wc balcony†
- Room 5 Single with shower/wc/balcony*
- Rooms 7*, 9, 10 Austrian Twins with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 8 Austrian Twin with shared shower/wc*
- Room 11 Single with shared shower/wc*
*Rooms 8 and 11 share shower/wc in corridor. Rooms 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8 have an extra single sofa bed that can sleep an adult. Room 5 can sleep 1 adult and 1 child on a sofa bed. †Room 4 is available for single use.
Austrian twin beds are one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated.
Sleeps: 20-26 Guests
- Continental buffet breakfast for 7 mornings with the hot option provided on 6 mornings per week†
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cake on 6 days†
- 3-course evening set menu served 6 days, including a pre-dinner glass of prosecco with a choice of complimentary wine & tea/coffee†
- Special celebration menus on Christmas Day & New Year’s Eve
†(Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea & dinner is 6 days per week due to chalet staff’s day off)
- Location: Excellent location in the heart of the village, approx. 2 minutes walk (200m) to the main Penken cable-car – newly upgraded for this winter
- The attractively pine-panelled dining-room sets the scene for convivial chalet dining, and the new lounge adds the one remaining touch of comfort that the chalet previously lacked
- Lounge area
Our ski chalet holidays are available from various different regional airports
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
2020/2021 Season offersFree Lift Pass - Free lift pass for the party leader of groups of 15 or more.Half Price Equipment Hire - Half price ski hire or carriage - when you book your lift pass. Offer available on all dates.Not valid on bookings made within 6 weeks of departure
Your ski chalet hosts are all enthusiastic cooks, who look forward to providing you with the warm welcome, delicious food and friendly service which lie at the heart of a chalet holiday. Most are also avid skiers or snowboarders and love nothing more than to share their knowledge and passion for the slopes with our guests.
Our Chalet Meals
- Continental breakfast for 7 mornings with hot options provided by your chalet host on 6 days
- 6 days of afternoon tea and cake
- 6 days of Prosecco before dinner
- 6 days of 3 course set evening menu with unlimited wine, red, white and rosé to enjoy during your meal
- Vegetarian meals available (request at time of booking)
- Special Celebration Menus - Christmas day and New Year's Eve
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Join us for a proper ‘White Christmas’ in the Alps! This chalet will have a Christmas tree and most have log fires, so combined with great food, good company, and no cooking or washing up, there’s no better place to be! We serve turkey with all the trimmings on Christmas Day, with a pre-dinner glass of Champagne, mince pies and Christmas pudding to follow crackers.
On New Year’s Eve, you'll be served a special Celebration Menu, preceded by a glass of Champagne. After dinner join the resort festivities, generally with fireworks to see in the New Year.
Children's High Tea
The chalet will serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 10 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 10 years and under to eat at the adult sitting.
Children aged 11 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy