Welcome to the Chalet Hotel Montfort, Lech, Austria
We are sure our many regular guests will agree that this gem of a Chalet Hotel is a superb addition to our range in Lech. It has a lovely ambience from the moment you enter and our team can’t wait to welcome you through its doors.
‘Location, location, location!’
Lech is a picture perfect ski resort with a bustling cosmopolitan village centre and the Montfort is ideally located for both ski access and the full village experience. It is discreetly set back from the main road but within a couple of minutes easy stroll of the chic boutiques, stylish shops and lively après ski bars.
Excellent Hotel Facilities
This Chalet Hotel has been lovingly cared for by its owners, with a modern approach and understanding for traditional Austrian furnishings, colour and style. This harmonious blend of old and new creates an atmospheric and comfortable feel to the rooms and communal areas.
The lounge/bar is beautifully decorated with a typically Austrian central feature, a traditional Kachelofen (tiled stove) with its stucco exterior and bench seating – an ideal spot for afternoon tea, canapés and pre or post dinner drinks.
The dining room leads off from the lounge/bar and is light and airy with tasteful wood cladding and attractive furnishings. The room lends itself to convivial dining and the enjoyment of our ‘Culinary Choice’ evening meals.
Tor a Chalet Hotel of this size, the Wellness Spa is a real treat, offering guests numerous ways to relax. Time can be spent in the sauna, steam room or in a warm and soothing spa-bath, or why not all three?!
All the bedrooms are tasteful and well-appointed with en suite facilities, plus each have a TV and safe and many also have either a south-facing balcony or terrace with super mountain and resort views. Approximate Transfer time to resort: Innsbruck 1 hour 45 minutes
Ski Area Access
The Chalet Hotel Montfort couldn’t be in a better position for the nursery slopes of Lech, being just metres from the Flühen and Schwarzwand drag-lifts. It is here that the children’s ski school runs its classes, as well as being the location for some of the adult lessons.
For more experienced skiers ready to enjoy the vast ski area of the Arlberg, the main lifts are only approx. 4-5 minutes easy walk from the front door. The Rüfikopf Gondola in the village centre offers the chance to window-shop as you pass the many classy shops en route. From the top you can access the Stubenbach slopes, where the lovely open blue and red runs lend themselves to cruising with style, and then on down into the charming village of Zürs.
Going the other way from the central hub and over the river, the Schlegelkopf chair-lifts are again just four minutes from the Montfort, from where the tree-lined slopes and delightful lunch spots of Oberlech are easily reached. And for skiers and boarders who like to explore, going higher and further opens up some challenging off-piste itineraries from the far point above Zug, at the Zuger Hochlicht.
At the end of the ski day you can return to the village centre from any of your chosen routes and just stroll the four minutes home, stopping of course for some après ski, Lech-style, on the way.
Lower Ground Floor
- Ski and heated boot room with external entrance Wellness Spa and wcs
- Main entrance and reception Lounge bar, Dining room
- Room 1 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc
- Room 2 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc & terrace
- Room 3 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc & terrace
- Room 4 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc & terrace
- Room 5 – Double with shower/wc
- Room 6 – Single with shower/wc
- Room 7 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc
- Room 8 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc & balcony
- Room 9 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc & balcony
- Room 10 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc & balcony
- Room 11 – Double/triple with double bedroom with sliding doors to area with single sofa-bed sharing shower/wc
- Room 14 – Austrian twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with shower/wc
- Room 15 – Austrian twin with shower/wc
- Supplements per person per night: bath/wc £2.45, bath/wc & terrace £ 3.45 Rooms 8, 9, 10 with bath/wc/balcony £5.45 (newly refurbished) Room 11 if only 2 sharing: £4.45
- Delightful Chalet Hotel, with traditional Austrian features
- Nursery slopes right outside
- Only 4-5 minutes’ (450m) walk to the main lifts of Lech, the Schlegelkopf chair-lift or Rüfikopf gondola
- Attractive bar with Austrian ‘stube’ lounge
- Stylish dining room, with modern decor in traditional style
- Free Wifi
- Wellness Spa with sauna, spa-bath, steam room, showers and relaxation area
- All bedrooms with en suite facilities, TV, safe, and many with balcony or terrace
- Substantial breakfast, and Afternoon Tea with a selection of cakes and savouries
- Piste Picnic’ packed lunches available
- 5-course dinners with a choice of menu including apéritif, choice of complimentary quality wines, coffee and chocolates (6 nights per week)
Ski Line offers the widest choice of ski chalet holidays with more than 1000 different catered chalets to choose from.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Half Price Ski Hire or CarriageAvailable for skis/snowboard/boots hire or carriage of skis/board when you pre-book your lift pass at the time of booking.
Group DiscountsGroup discounts available for parties of 7 or more people. Click here for more information on group discounts.
This operator sets very high standards for their cuisine, and train their staff extensively before the season starts, to ensure that you will thoroughly enjoy every meal on your holiday. They also take their Health and Safety responsibilities extremely seriously, so all their Chalet Hotel staff involved in food preparation are trained to the City & Guilds qualification – Level 2 in Food Safety during the pre-season training course. There is a continental breakfast is every morning and a breakfast hot option, afternoon tea and evening dinners are provided for six days of the week.
A good breakfast is essential on a ski holiday, so they provide both a hot option, as well as a continental selection with a choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, plentiful tea, coffee and bread (and croissants in France), cold meats, cheese and preserves, which is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. On their staff’s day off, only the continental breakfast will be provided.
Their Chalet Hotels can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge. For skiers keen to keep their Euro-spending to an absolute minimum, this is the ideal way to keep your costs down!
The traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff’s day off. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children’s High Tea
Families staying in a Chalet Hotels may choose to eat separately (High Tea at 5:30pm) or all dine together at the later adult dinner time if children who have received a child discount pay the meal upgrade charge of £39 at the time of booking only.
They offer their Chalet Hotel dinners six nights per week which include three courses, some of which offer a choice of menu at the buffet including a vegetarian option for each course.
The one staff day off gives you a fantastic opportunity to experience some local restaurants and cuisine, speak to your resort representative for recommendations and help with reservations.
Vegetarian and Special Diets
Vegetarian options are always on their buffet menu in their Chalet Hotels – just advise us at time of bookings so that they can ensure that their staff can prepare. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared. Their Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas and New Year
Chalet Hotels will serve a traditional Christmas dinner with a glass of Champagne to start off the evening. This will include roast turkey with all of the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers and party hats plus a fantastic Alpine atmosphere in which to enjoy the day.
A special festive menu will also be served on New Year’s Eve, alongside the added bonus that many resorts put on fantastic firework displays. A glass of fizz, whilst watching fireworks over the snow-capped peaks of the Alps.. what better way to bring in the New Year!
Their Quality Wines
They are very proud of their wine selection, which combines crisp and fruity whites with medium to full-bodied reds, for a variety of palates. In their Chalet Hotels, they also offer an additional light fresh rosé to their guests’ choice. They select their wines in conjunction with their good friends Nicolas and Véronique – the third generation in the Perret family’s fine wine business based in the Savoie. Nicolas is a qualified wine expert, having trained at the prestigious Burgundy Wine University in Beaune. Each season in October, Nicolas & Véronique bring over a new selection for us to sample (someone has to do it!) and together they choose their wines for the coming season, based on their menus and their pure enjoyment factor. Wine is an incredibly subjective and emotive subject, however, the feedback they have received from their guests over recent seasons endorses their aims of providing wines to enhance your meal and to suit most tastes. They hope you will enjoy them as much as they do!
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy