Run by the Walch family for three generations, the Hotel Gotthard has been a favourite with British guests for many years - and we are delighted to have it among our carefully selected choice of hotels in Lech. Decorated in modern Alpine style, the hotel has superb spa facilities, delicious cuisine (including the hotel's famous in-house bakery) and lots of special touches to ensure every stay here is memorable.
- Central village location and only two minutes' walk to the Rufikopf lift.
- Delicious in-house bakery.
- Indoor pool and superb spa with three saunas, steam room and gym.
- central village location
- 2 minutes' walk to the Rüfikopf lift
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, minibar, satellite TV, free WiFi, bathrobes and slippers. Cots are available to hire, free of hire, upon request. Interconnecting rooms are available at a supplement on request.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds*, double sofa bed, private bath, with shower attachment WC and balcony.
- Komfort Garden twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony with garden views.
- Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private bath or shower and WC.
*Separate twin beds are available on request at time of booking.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Hide rooms info
- free WiFi
- bar with comfy lounge
- wine cellar
- live music twice weekly
- café and in-house bakery
- indoor pool with integrated whirlpool
- wellness area with saunas and steam room
- family sauna
- fitness room
- extra charge for massage
- children's playroom with toys
- 50 bedrooms
- lift to all floors
- extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course, daily salad buffet and cheeseboard on request
- weekly fondue evening
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinner included
- early meals available for children
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
This hotel is non-smoking throughout.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy