Seamless service, fine dining and the ultimate in luxury - Ian Fleming has written many of his books in this famous hotel - there's plenty of reasons to stay at the Hotel Tennerhof, Kitzbühel's first 5* hotel.
The Tennerhof is a member of Relais and Châteaux, an association of the world’s finest hoteliers, chefs and restaurateurs that set the standard for excellence in hospitality, so you know this is going to be something a little bit special before you've even stepped through the door. The team are here to make your stay as comfortable and easy as possible, working hard in the background to fulfil your requests before you even knew you wanted them.
The design of the hotel is impeccable - really stylish, with a huge nod back to classic Tyrolean arcitecture, and all the comforts you'd expect from a top quality modern hotel. The rooms are very generous in size, each individually decorated with antique furnishing and so elegant that you might not want to leave. But make sure you do - Kitzbühel's incredible skiing is waiting for you. On top of all that, the excellent Spa de Charme, member of the Leading Spa Resorts, with sauna, steam bath and whirlpool along with indoor pool are free for you to relax in after a day out on the mountain.
You have the choice between bed and breakfast or half board at the Tennerhof. If you stick with B&B then you've got a wealth of restaurants in town to choose from - however, we highly recommend that you eat at least once at Kupferstube - the hotel's three toque (similar to Michelin Stars), Gault Millau-awarded restaurant. Chef Stefan Lenz uses only fresh, natural ingredients fused perfectly to create a dining experience that shouldn't be missed.
The Tennerhof has excellent panoramic views over Kitzbühel from its elevated location. It'll take about 15 minutes' walk to reach Kitzbühel's lively centre, with its bars and restaurants, and a little longer on the way back. Getting down to the slopes is simple though - it's less than 10 minutes on foot to the gondola up the Kitzbüheler Horn and around 20 to the Hahnenkamm - alternatively you can make use of the free shuttle service run by the hotel for quick easy access to the lift you need.
- Free hotel-run shuttle service for quick access to the lifts.
- Seamless service, fine dining and the ultimate in luxury at Kitzbühel's first 5* hotel.
- Excellent wellness area with indoor pool, sauna, steam bath and whirlpool.
- 3-toque Gault Millau-awarded restaurant, Kupferstube
- quiet location overlooking Kitzbühel
- 15 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 7 minutes' walk to the Hornbahn gondola station
- 20 minutes' walk to the Hahnenkamm gondola and train station
- free shuttle to the Hahnenkamm and Hornbahn gondolas
All rooms have bathrobes and slippers, hairdryer, safe, complimentary minibar (refilled daily), cable TV and free WiFi.
- Standard Double Room (20-24m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath and WC.
- Superior Double Room (25-30m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, small sitting area, private bath and WC.
- Deluxe Double Room (30-35m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, sitting area, private bath and WC.
- Junior Suite (35-40m²) - sleeps 2-3 (2 adults and 1 child, or 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, single bed, living area, private bath and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- free shoe shine service
- turn down service
- Kupferstube - Gault Millau-awarded gourmet restaurant
- sun terrace
- hotel bar
- wine cellar with choice of over 400 wines
- indoor pool
- Spa de Charme with sauna, whirlpool and steam bath
- extra charge for massage and beauty treatments
- gourmet buffet breakfast
- optional upgrade to half board with 5-course evening meals
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy