The Eagles Inn, a former hunting villa dating back to 1893, is everything you’d expect from a good-quality ski hotel in Austria – traditional décor, good food and friendly service.
The rooms are a good size and, whilst the furnishings aren’t the most modern, they’re comfortable and have all the amenities you could need. There’s also a good choice of rooms to suit couples, families and groups – plus they all have a balcony and some have breathtaking mountain views.
Meals are served in the cosy restaurant, from the varied breakfast buffet to the 4-course evening meals, comprised of traditional yet elegant dishes that will surely leave a smile on your face. You can also look forward to hot soup at lunchtime and afternoon coffee and cake – those little extras that really make your stay special.
If you really need to relax, you can make use of the small wellness area, which has a sauna, steam room and infrared cabin. In the evenings, the kids can have fun in the games room while the adults relax with a drink in the bar.
The Eagles is in an excellent, quiet location, just a couple of minutes’ walk from the centre of Igls and a couple more to the cable car.
- 2 minutes' walk to the resort centre and 5 minutes to the cable car.
- Sauna, steam room and infrared cabin.
- 2 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 5 minutes' walk to the Patscherkofel cable car
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the ski school
All rooms have a flatscreen satellite/cable TV with UK channels, free WiFi, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, and are non-smoking.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Triple room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Quad room - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, two extra beds, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- sauna, steam room and infrared cabin
- extra charge for massage and treatments, available on request
- bar and lounge with fireplace
- sun terrace
- à la carte restaurant
- games room with pool table
- ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- buffet breakfast
- soup (12-1.30pm)
- afternoon coffee and cake (4-5.30pm)
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of 3 main courses
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy