The Eagles Inn, a former hunting villa dating back to 1893, is everything you’d expect from a good-quality ski hotel in Austria – traditional décor, good food and friendly service.
The rooms are a good size and, whilst the furnishings aren’t the most modern, they’re comfortable and have all the amenities you could need. There’s also a good choice of rooms to suit couples, families and groups – plus they all have a balcony and some have breathtaking mountain views.
Meals are served in the cosy restaurant, from the varied breakfast buffet to the 4-course evening meals, comprised of traditional yet elegant dishes that will surely leave a smile on your face. You can also look forward to hot soup at lunchtime and afternoon coffee and cake – those little extras that really make your stay special.
If you really need to relax, you can make use of the small wellness area, which has a sauna, steam room and infrared cabin. In the evenings, the kids can have fun in the games room while the adults relax with a drink in the bar.
The Eagles is in an excellent, quiet location, just a couple of minutes’ walk from the centre of Igls and a couple more to the cable car.
- 2 minutes' walk to the resort centre and 5 minutes to the cable car.
- Sauna, steam room and infrared cabin.
- 2 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 5 minutes' walk to the Patscherkofel cable car
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the ski school
All rooms have a flatscreen satellite/cable TV with UK channels, free WiFi, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, and are non-smoking.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Triple room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Quad room - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, two extra beds, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- sauna, steam room and infrared cabin
- extra charge for massage and treatments, available on request
- bar and lounge with fireplace
- sun terrace
- à la carte restaurant
- games room with pool table
- ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- buffet breakfast
- soup (12-1.30pm)
- afternoon coffee and cake (4-5.30pm)
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of 3 main courses
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy