Family-run for generations, the Alpenhotel Tirol will soon feel like your mountain home. The staff really go the extra mile too – from sharing tips on where to ski, to catering for dietary requirements at mealtimes. As for the location, you’re in a peaceful spot between the river and snow-covered meadows. It’s only a short stroll to the village centre too, and when it’s time to hit the slopes, you’re moments from a ski bus stop.
After a session on the snow, unwind the Austrian way and head straight for the sauna in the wellness area. Or make tracks to the bar and get the après drinks in before finding a spot in the lounge to chat about your day. Then when dinnertime rolls around, sit down to a savour 4-course meal filled with delicious regional dishes, like cheesy dumplings and fresh, flaky pastries.
Ready for bed? The spacious rooms have an authentic alpine feel, with wooden ceilings and panelled walls. And some of them have balconies too, so you can step out to admire the views before turning in.
- 3 minutes' walk to the village centre, so getting out and about is easy.
- Friendly, family-run hotel.
- Drift between the sauna and steam room in the spa.
· buffet breakfast · afternoon snack including Austrian pastries and cakes (3-5.30pm) · 4-course evening meal with a choice of main course, and daily salad buffet · vegetarian options are available · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala meal
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
- Up a steep, 30m-long driveway
- 3 minutes' walk to the village centre and ski bus stop
- 5 minutes' bus ride to the Galtür lifts
- 5 minutes' bus ride to the ski school meeting point
- 14 minutes' bus ride to the Silvrettabahn lift in Ischgl
- Buses run every 20 minutes throughout the day in peak season
- Cross-country tracks behind the hotel
- Ski hire shop nearby where you can store your equipment for free
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, satellite TV and bathrobes.
Twin room - sleeps 1-3 (max 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child aged under 15 years): Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Twin room - sleeps 1-3 (max 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child aged under 15 years): Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed (175cm long) when booked for a child aged 15 years and under, private bath or shower, separate WC and balcony.
Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
- free WiFi throughout
- wellness area with Finnish sauna, steam bath, hot tub and relaxation area
- boot room with heated boot rack (you can also leave your equipment at a nearby hire shop for free)
- 38 rooms
- lift to all floors
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy