Step inside and you’ll feel right at home in the Alpenhotel Tirol. Family-run for generations, the hotel’s lovely staff are just waiting to welcome you with a smile and make your stay unforgettable.
The real highlight at the Tirol is the incredible food. Mornings start with a rich breakfast buffet and each afternoon there are sweet or savoury snacks available in the lounge, including tasty Austrian pastries and cakes. In the evenings, you can savour four delicious courses, made with care using fresh, regional produce, plus a daily salad bar. And you can be sure of perfect wine pairings – your hotelier is a qualified sommelier and has a real passion for Austrian wines.
After dinner, you can relax in the lounge with a drink and chat about the day’s adventures. There’s also a small but charming wellness area, with a Finnish sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation room.
Ready for bed? Each cosy bedroom is lovingly decorated in traditional Tyrolean style, with wooden panelling, pops of colour and comfy beds. They’ve got all the comforts you need, including bathrobes, WiFi and a safe. Larger double rooms even have a south-facing balcony, for making the most of those views.
When you want to get out and explore or hit the slopes, it’s just a couple of minutes’ walk to the village centre and the ski bus stop, and a 5-minute bus ride to the lifts. Ischgl is 10km down the valley, a short trip on the ski bus if you want a wider range of runs or some livelier après.
- 3 minutes' walk to the village centre and ski bus stop.
- Qualified sommelier with a passion for Austrian wines.
- Finnish sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation area.
- 3 minutes' walk to the village centre and ski bus stop
- 5 minutes' bus ride to the Galtur lifts
- 14 minutes' bus ride to the Silvrettabahn Ischgl
- buses run every 20 minutes throughout the day in peak season
- cross-country tracks behind the hotel
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, satellite TV and bathrobes.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, seating area with extra single sofa bed (175cm long), private bath or shower, separate WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi throughout
- wellness area with Finnish sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation area
- ski room with heated boot rack
- 38 rooms
- lift to all floors
- welcome drink
- buffet breakfast
- daily afternoon snack including Austrian pastries and cakes (3-5.30pm) - drinks not included
- 4-course evening meal with a choice of main course, plus daily salad buffet
- daily vegetarian option
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala meal
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please be advised that fire safety standards in Austria differ to those in the UK and Ireland, and on occasion you may be in a hotel where the fire escape is in the form of an external ladder and/or you may be required to evacuate via another bedroom. Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the exits and procedures in your hotel on arrival and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of reception or our resort staff.
The driveway to the Alpenhotel is narrow, meaning our coach has limited access to it. Therefore, the coach will drop you at the bottom of the driveway, where you'll have a short 1-minute uphill walk from the road to the entrance to the hotel. Make sure you wear some sturdy shoes and warm clothing - it can get a bit snowy underfoot.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy