There’s a lot going on at the Hotel Palace. This international hotel is a little bigger than you may expect from an Austrian hotel – which is handy as it’s very popular.
In a quiet spot on the edge of a park, surrounding the resort's thermal spa centre, the location is perfect if you’re after a bit of peace in the evening. It’s also just a few minutes to the centre of Bad Hofgastein. For the ski lifts, we’d recommend using the regular ski buses to make the most of the full Gastein Valley.
The hotel has its own large indoor thermal pool and an impressive spa complex, complete with saunas, steam bath and a salt inhalation cave. Pampering is definitely a possibility. Plus sport and fitness is taken care of too. There are indoor tennis courts, aqua-gymnastic sessions and a fitness room with all the essentials to keep in shape.
There's also an entertainment programme with live music and a games room with pool and table tennis, so there's plenty to do after a day on the slopes.
In the evening, there's a large international dinner buffet with plenty of choice – even for the pickiest of diners.
The rooms are both functional and spacious, but if you choose the small rooms for a couple, please be aware that the beds are very cosy – measuring around 140cm in width and are fixed in the corner of the room.
- 5 minutes' walk to resort centre and ski bus stops outside.
- Large, impressive hotel in glorious setting on edge of the park.
- Large indoor heated pool and spa area with excellent facilities.
- Full entertainment and activity programme.
- ski bus stop outside
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the lifts
- 5 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- cross-country skiing trails in front of hotel (open untill 10pm)
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, flatscreen satellite TV and free WiFi.
- Small double room (18m²) - sleeps 1-2: Small room with French double bed, private shower and WC.
- Twin room (26m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra single folding bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
French double beds
French double beds measure approximately 140cm in width.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- large lounge and bar with open fireplace
- entertainment programme with live music
- large indoor pool, saunas, steam room, infrared cabin, whirlpool, salt grotto, fitness room and relaxation area
- aqua gym (Monday - Saturday)
- extra charge for spa beauty treatments and massages
- games room
- extra charge for indoor tennis courts
- onsite ski shop
- 198 rooms
- lifts to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- daily cake
- international buffet evening meal
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy