There's something a bit special about the Österreichischerhof - which is unsurprising as it is one of the Gastein Valley's most popular hotels. It's run by Felix and his wife Leda, who really are wonderful hosts, and have invested a lot of time and attention into every detail to ensure your stay is a memorable one. And this is all supported by a great team both front of house and behind the scenes.
The Österreichischerhof is jam-packed with Austrian tradition and style, but with a modern and fresh finish, the hotel is made up of three buildings all connected by underground walkway. The rooms are comfortable and bright - and excellent value for such a central location. Food is also high on the agenda here - expect carefully-created dishes combining influences from the local Salzburger region, right across Europe and beyond.
The excellent Celtic Spa is a definite plus point here. This modern wellness centre has everything you need from a top quality hotel spa. Try out the range of saunas and steam roooms, the soothing 32°C thermal swimming pool or a wide range of massage and treatments in the Celtic Vital. And just in case that isn't enough spa for you, the hotel is also connected to the resort's stunning Alpentherme Spa complex - and you get free entry included as standard.
Also leading the way in Austria - the Österreichischerhof is 100% non-smoking.
- In the village centre with the ski bus stops outside.
- Thermal indoor pool and Celtic Spa area with saunas and steam room.
- Entrance to the resort's Alpentherme Gastein public spa complex.
- central location
- 6-7 minutes' walk to Schlossalm lift
- ski bus stop outside
All bedrooms have hairdryer, safe and satellite TV.
- Komfort Twin Room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony. These rooms face towards the neighbouring buildings.
- Small Twin Room - sleeps 2: Single bed and separate single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Deluxe Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): One bedroom with Austrian twin beds and a separate room with double sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Single Room - sleeps 1-2 (max 1 adult): Single bed and separate single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
Please note: The Hotel Õsterreichisherhof consists of three buildings connected by a walkway - rooms may be allocated in all buildings and all customers have full access to all facilities.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- small lounge with open fire
- 32°C thermal indoor pool
- Celtic Spa with Finnish sauna, biosauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation area
- separate family sauna
- extra charge for spa beauty treatments, massage
- extra charge for bathrobe hire
- free entrance to resort Alpentherme Gastein public spa complex, connected to the hotel via an underground passage
- table tennis
- lift to all floors
- fully non-smoking throughout
"Sport World" at the Alpentherme Spa complex is not included with free entry.
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
When you arrive in Bad Hofgastein, the coach isn’t able to take you right up to the door of the Ostereichersherhof Hotel. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will take you through the pretty streets to a drop off point just twenty metres from your hotel.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy