There's something a bit special about the Österreichischerhof - which is unsurprising as it is one of the Gastein Valley's most popular hotels. It's run by Felix and his wife Leda, who really are wonderful hosts, and have invested a lot of time and attention into every detail to ensure your stay is a memorable one. And this is all supported by a great team both front of house and behind the scenes.
The Österreichischerhof is jam-packed with Austrian tradition and style, but with a modern and fresh finish, the hotel is made up of three buildings all connected by underground walkway. The rooms are comfortable and bright - and excellent value for such a central location. Food is also high on the agenda here - expect carefully-created dishes combining influences from the local Salzburger region, right across Europe and beyond.
The excellent Celtic Spa is a definite plus point here. This modern wellness centre has everything you need from a top quality hotel spa. Try out the range of saunas and steam roooms, the soothing 32°C thermal swimming pool or a wide range of massage and treatments in the Celtic Vital. And just in case that isn't enough spa for you, the hotel is also connected to the resort's stunning Alpentherme Spa complex - and you get free entry included as standard.
Also leading the way in Austria - the Österreichischerhof is 100% non-smoking.
- In the village centre with the ski bus stops outside.
- Thermal indoor pool and Celtic Spa area with saunas and steam room.
- Entrance to the resort's Alpentherme Gastein public spa complex.
- central location
- 6-7 minutes' walk to Schlossalm lift
- ski bus stop outside
All bedrooms have hairdryer, safe and satellite TV.
- Komfort Twin Room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony. These rooms face towards the neighbouring buildings.
- Small Twin Room - sleeps 2: Single bed and separate single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Deluxe Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): One bedroom with Austrian twin beds and a separate room with double sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Single Room - sleeps 1-2 (max 1 adult): Single bed and separate single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
Please note: The Hotel Õsterreichisherhof consists of three buildings connected by a walkway - rooms may be allocated in all buildings and all customers have full access to all facilities.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- small lounge with open fire
- 32°C thermal indoor pool
- Celtic Spa with Finnish sauna, biosauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation area
- separate family sauna
- extra charge for spa beauty treatments, massage
- extra charge for bathrobe hire
- free entrance to resort Alpentherme Gastein public spa complex, connected to the hotel via an underground passage
- table tennis
- lift to all floors
- fully non-smoking throughout
"Sport World" at the Alpentherme Spa complex is not included with free entry.
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
When you arrive in Bad Hofgastein, the coach isn’t able to take you right up to the door of the Ostereichersherhof Hotel. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will take you through the pretty streets to a drop off point just twenty metres from your hotel.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy