The Hotel Eiger has been family owned since 1962 so you can expect great service and a very friendly welcome. The hotel has magnificent views of the Eiger mountain which means it's well worth upgrading your room to the Eiger views if you want to get the most from the hotel. Having been consistently renovated of the last decade or so, the hotel is in incredible nick making it easy to spend a lot of time in.
There is a mountain hut-style restaurant in Barry's and the popular 'Gepsi' bar with a decent live music programme as well as award-winning food and drinks. If you're more of a spa than bar person you certainly won't be disappointed. The spa is built around an idea of 'selfness' but if you've never heard of that, don't worry it's just a really nice spa. Numerous saunas and steam rooms as well as a wide choice of treatments and massages, you can even book spa areas for private use.
The Hotel Eiger has a central location, pretty much equidistance from the Firstbahn gondola up to the local area or the (ski) train station which takes you to the main ski area shared with Wengen (Jungfrau). It's roughly 400m from either lift/station which would take around 6 minutes to walk. The bus also stops right outside so you can hop on the bus instead of walking to the lifts.
What we like
- Central location with equidistance to the ski train station or Firstbahn gondola (around 400m)
- Fantastic views of the Eiger
- Sunny terrace outside the Gepsi bar
- Extensive spa area with massage and treatments available
- Barry's restaurant was named after a St Bernard Mountain rescue dog who saved over 40 lives including that of Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm in 1809
- The hotel is particularly eco-friendly with heating and hot water coming from recyclable wood energies
- The sauna oasis is a nude area and therefore you must be at least 16 years old to enter
- There is a bus stop right outside the hotel if you don't fancy walking to the lift/train station
- Steam room
All rooms at the Hotel Eiger have the following facilities: Mini bar, coffee machine, WiFi, TV and radio, bathrobe and slippers.
Basic twin room
Twin beds* and the bathrooms have either a bath or a shower.
Approx. 23-28m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior twin room
Superior rooms have twin beds* and the bathrooms have either a bath or a shower. Some rooms have balconies (on request). The rooms also have updated decor to the basic rooms. The rooms can have an additional bed if needed.
Approx. 23-28m2, sleeps max. 3
Lifestyle twin room
Lifestyle rooms again have twin beds* and a bathroom with a bath or shower. Each room has a balcony with views of the Eiger mountain and the decor has plenty of wood and stone.
Approx. 23-25m2, sleeps max. 2
Lifestyle plus twin room
Lifestyle plus rooms have twin beds* and an additional bed is available on request. Each room has a balcony with a view of the Eiger mountain and there is also a sitting area with desk. The bathroom has a bath.
Approx. 28m2, sleeps max. 3
*twin beds can be pushed together to form a double.
Single rooms and suite are also available.
- Barry's (mountain hut style restaurant)
- Gepsi Bar and smokers lounge
- Barry's Stubli (a la carte restaurants and breakfast spot)
- Bistro Memory (bistro with large terrace overlooking the Eiger)
- Finnish sauna
- Herbal sauna
- Steam bath
- Blossom pool
- Kneipp basin
- Relaxation room
- Meditation area
- Private spas available
- Massage and beauty treatments (additional cost)
- Gym area with instructors
- Lifestyle coaching (additional cost)
Bed & breakfast or Half board - Please enquire for a quote
Please be advised that safety standards with regards to balconies differ in Switzerland and on occasion, you may be allocated a room whereby the balcony is lower than we would expect in the UK.
For your own safety, please ensure that you take care when on the balcony and do not lean on or over the railings. If you have children below the age of 12 in your party, please ensure that they are supervised and not left unattended at any time.
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy