Hotel Kompas perches on a hill in the heart of Bled, giving way to superb views across the dramatic lake and the Julian Alps.
Just as impressive is its convenient location. It’s right in the centre of Bled, only metres from shops and restaurants, and a short walk away from the glistening waters of Lake Bled. If you’re here for the mountains, then the main Vogel ski area is a scenic 30-45 minutes' free bus ride away.
The steep, sloping slate rooves of the Hotel Kompas really complement the whites and greens of the snowy, mountainous setting. Inside, however, is a feast for the eyes. The sleek lobby is surrounded by tall windows draped with long, heavy curtains, and is decorated with glorious grey tones. The bedrooms aren’t bad, either. Each room is pretty spacious and is elegantly finished with glossy wooden furnishings and neutral colours.
With a range of attractive facilities, too, we’ll understand if you’d prefer to spend your week inside. The spa, for one, has enough to keep you busy – there are Finnish, Turkish and infrared saunas, a massage whirlpool and even a fitness room. If you head out onto the terrace, you’ll notice a huge glass dome. Inside here is the swimming pool, with fantastic views over the lake and a section specifically for the little ones.
All this is bundled up with amazingly positive and helpful staff and plentiful food, making your stay in Bled an exceptional one.
- Central location in Bled
- Indoor pool overlooking the lake.
- Gym/fitness centre
- Indoor pool
- Spa & wellness facilities
- In the centre of Bled
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 5 minutes' walk to the bus station
- 4 minutes' walk to the lakefront
- 30-45 minutes' free ski bus journey to Vogel ski area (included with the lift pass)
- All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe, minibar and air conditioning, and are non-smoking. Room service and interconnecting rooms are available for an extra charge on request. Tea and coffee-making facilities and cots are available free of charge on request.
- Twin room - sleeps 1-2: double or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room with lake views - sleeps 1-2: double or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony with lake views.
Food and drink:
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Buffet evening meals
- New Year's Eve gala meal included
- Early meals for children on request only
- Hotel bar and lounge
- Sun terrace
- Free WiFi
- Internet terminal
- Indoor pool with kids' section
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room
- Extra charge for massages and other treatments
- 2 lifts to all floors
- Laundry facilities
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Slovenia and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy