Hotel Kompas perches on a hill in the heart of Bled, giving way to superb views across the dramatic lake and the Julian Alps.
Just as impressive is its convenient location. It’s right in the centre of Bled, only metres from shops and restaurants, and a short walk away from the glistening waters of Lake Bled. If you’re here for the mountains, then the main Vogel ski area is a scenic 30-45 minutes' free bus ride away.
The steep, sloping slate rooves of the Hotel Kompas really complement the whites and greens of the snowy, mountainous setting. Inside, however, is a feast for the eyes. The sleek lobby is surrounded by tall windows draped with long, heavy curtains, and is decorated with glorious grey tones. The bedrooms aren’t bad, either. Each room is pretty spacious and is elegantly finished with glossy wooden furnishings and neutral colours.
With a range of attractive facilities, too, we’ll understand if you’d prefer to spend your week inside. The spa, for one, has enough to keep you busy – there are Finnish, Turkish and infrared saunas, a massage whirlpool and even a fitness room. If you head out onto the terrace, you’ll notice a huge glass dome. Inside here is the swimming pool, with fantastic views over the lake and a section specifically for the little ones.
All this is bundled up with amazingly positive and helpful staff and plentiful food, making your stay in Bled an exceptional one.
- Central location in Bled
- Indoor pool overlooking the lake.
- Gym/fitness centre
- Indoor pool
- Spa & wellness facilities
- In the centre of Bled
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 5 minutes' walk to the bus station
- 4 minutes' walk to the lakefront
- 30-45 minutes' free ski bus journey to Vogel ski area (included with the lift pass)
- All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe, minibar and air conditioning, and are non-smoking. Room service and interconnecting rooms are available for an extra charge on request. Tea and coffee-making facilities and cots are available free of charge on request.
- Twin room - sleeps 1-2: double or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room with lake views - sleeps 1-2: double or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony with lake views.
Food and drink:
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Buffet evening meals
- New Year's Eve gala meal included
- Early meals for children on request only
- Hotel bar and lounge
- Sun terrace
- Free WiFi
- Internet terminal
- Indoor pool with kids' section
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room
- Extra charge for massages and other treatments
- 2 lifts to all floors
- Laundry facilities
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Slovenia and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy