A world of old school Italian charm is a welcome respite to the metal and glass-clad modern boutique hotels. The Hotel Pavillon in Courmayeur puts its service at the forefront of your stay. it's a short stroll into the town centre but there's plenty along the way, streets crammed with quirky cafes and ice creams of every imaginable flavour. It's a place you'll happily muse about for days on end.
The pool is a proper one you can actually do lengths in, none of this plunge pool type malarkey here. Even the fireplace is more furnace than fire, it wouldn't look out of place in some dwarven smithy where dragons roamed the skies. Whether you're one to lounge in a spa, sit back by the bar or head for the bright lights, the Pavillon is well worth trying out. You'll even get tea and cakes after a day on the slopes.
What we like
- Everyone loves a good fire and here it's massive
- A couple of minutes to the gondola means you'll be on the slopes in no time
- Large swimming pool with picture windows makes it feel like you're swimming in snow
- The hire shop on the mountain lets you leave your kit there so no traipsing around in ski boots till you're on your skis
- Family run by the Truchet's for generations
- If you're looking for serious relaxation the Truchet family recommend the Pré Saint Didier thermal spa a few kilometres up the road
At the top of town, it's hard to get much closer to the lifts in Courmayeur. The main Gondola is 200 metres away, so access on and off the mountain is on your doorstep. The town centre is a couple of minutes by foot and the location means you won't be woken by any party revellers in the night.
All 50 of the rooms at the Hotel Pavillon are in a traditional mountain style with TV, phone, minibar and safe, room service is on request.
Single and standard rooms
These rooms have either a single or a double bed, small seating area and an ensuite.
Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior and triple rooms
Similar to the classic rooms with a double bed, they are slightly larger and can accommodate an extra bed.
Approx. 26m2, sleeps max. 3
This is a one bedroom suite with a double bed and a separate lounge area. There's a bath and a shower in the ensuite.
Approx. 50m2, sleeps max. 4
- Bar with open fire
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Relaxation room
- Conference facilities
- Car parking
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy