Sat above the town, stealing the best views of Cortina like some greedy baron lording over his picturesque empire. The hotel is lavish and traditional with intricate silk work, sparkling chandeliers and deep embroidered carpets all brought up to date with high tech efficiency and fittings to complete an elegantly timeless stay.
As a high society destination, the facilities equal the hotel's grandiose. A semi circular indoor pool flows into the main swimming area with panoramic windows showcasing the scenery. There's a state-of-the-art fitness studio full of Technogym equipment including virtual trainers and full HD video projection system - we haven't tried this out but it certainly sounds fancy. And of course all the spa options you'd expect.
Dining is another highlight, again wonderful views meet you for breakfast in The Veranda or try evening meals in The Gazebo for a glass covered 360 degrees of surrounding landscapes to refined Italian fare. The Stube is where to head for a little intimacy with just four tables before hitting the Cristallo Lounge Bar for their signature cocktails in a relaxed setting.
To get to the slopes it's roughly 700m which takes under 10 minutes, though you may want to hop on the shuttle bus for this one, no one likes a downhill ski boot trek. Or for that matter uphill on the way back.
What we like
- Complimentary on call shuttle to run you to the town or ski lifts, the service continues till around 10pm which is pretty handy
- The views are great, we haven't had many breakfasts so enjoyable
- The high society feel from decor to the way staff treat you - a nice experience
- There is a smart casual dress code to the restaurant so don't turn up in your flip flops
- The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from town - but just grab the shuttle it's complimentary
- There is a private chef's table if you're celebrating something special - worth looking at
- Car parking
- Outdoor jacuzzi
Rooms at the Cristallo feature hand decorated wall panels and parquet as well as TVs, an in-room safe, mini bar, Wi-Fi and a nightly turndown service.
Classic rooms have twin beds with either a mountain or park view and the marble bathroom has a spa bath.
Can be connected with a superior room on request.
Approx. 19-22m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms have much more space, beside the double bed it an ample sitting area, in some rooms this is completely separated. The views are either over the Dolomites of the park and the marble bathroom has a spa bath. It's possible to add a cot or a third bed.
Connecting rooms are available.
Approx. 26-31m2, sleeps max. 3
Junior suites are wide bright and have wonderful views of the Dolomites complete with a private wooden terrace. The king bed leads to a good-sized living area and the marble bathroom has a spa bath. Some rooms have a sofa bed, the others can accommodate an additional bed or cot.
Approx. 35-37m2, sleeps max. 3
- The Veranda restaurant for breakfast and lunch
- The Gazebo restaurant for 360 views and Italian food
- The Stube for intimate fine dining
- Cristallo Lounge Bar - signature cocktails and snacks
- The chef's private table for special occasions and food lovers
- Indoor pool with panoramic windows
- Turkish bath
- Relaxation lounge
- Beauty treatments and massage in the spa
- Ski room
- Ice skating rink on the panoramic terrace
- Fitness centre
- Complimentary shuttle on request
- Supervised children's area
- Valet parking (additional charge)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Laundry/dry cleaning service
Bed and breakfast
Can upgrade to half board
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy