Chalet Hotel Le Savoie is a fabulous addition to our Chalet Hotel collection, which, uniquely amongst our range and provides welcome extra space in ever-popular Val d’Isère on the peak school holiday dates.
Le Savoie commands an imposing setting right on Val d’Isere’s main street, and is only a short walk to the nearest ski-lifts, the main ‘home-run’ pistes, and children’s nursery ski area. It is immediately next door to our Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie where our childcare service is based, and linked internally for convenient access to our childcare facilities there.
Children booked into children’s ski lessons or morning Snow Club will be collected by our staff from Le Savoie reception, whilst we request that babies and toddlers attending Nursery are dropped off by their parents at the Nursery.
Children booked into Supervised Lunch will also be catered for at Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie.
The stylish ambience of Le Savoie is apparent from the moment you enter and follow the stairs up to the reception, welcoming lounge area and smart restaurant on the first floor. The interior decor is sophisticated, yet understated throughout, with high quality soft furnishings and touches of faux fur fabrics, blending beautifully with the use of natural materials, such as exposed stone and wood.
Bedroom choices are superb and highly flexible for families here, varying from Classique twin rooms for 2 adults and a baby, to larger Deluxe bedrooms for up to 3 guests, and flexible suite options for up to 8 guests – see the Accommodation Summary for full details.
To complete Le Savoie’s appeal, there is a relaxing spa area on the ground floor, comprising an indoor pool, a steam room, two whirlpool hot-tubs and two saunas, in addition to a range of beauty treatments and massages. Please note that as the pool is small, and the area primarily designed for quiet relaxation, the pool and spa area is not available to children under 12 years after 5pm each day.
Our popular skiers’ breakfast will be served from 7.30-10am each day, with a Continental buffet, as well as cooked options prepared to order, a choice of fruit juices, cereals, and a full selection of local bread and pastries. Afternoon tea will be laid out buffet-style for all guests on their return from skiing each day.
Nursery children under 36 months will take their High Tea at 5.15pm with their Nursery friends in the adjoining Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie, and we ask that they are supervised by a parent throughout.
For children 3-12 years old, and uniquely amongst our Chalet Hotel collection, Le Savoie offers slightly more flexibility at dinner than our other properties, in two respects.
Firstly, families here can choose whether children under 13 years have High Tea next door in Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie at 5.15pm, to enjoy the company of other children, or if preferred, children here may dine together with their parents. In the latter case, Family Dining is available at a supplement of £39 per child per week, to reflect the more extensive adult menu which will then be served. (This supplement does not apply of course in the event that a child has paid the full adult holiday price.)
Secondly, rather than the set dinner time which is normal in other chalets and Chalet Hotels, Le Savoie offers families a choice of dining times, commencing between 7.00-8.30pm. Dinner service continues until 9.30pm.
The Baby-Listening / Child-Patrol Service will be provided from 7.30pm until 11pm on the second floor only, allowing parents to relax over their evening meal. Any child attending Cocoa Clubs will be with our childcare staff in the neighbouring Ducs de Savoie during dinner, until 10.00pm.
- Stylish Chalet Hotel in the heart of Val d’Isère
- Children’s High Tea at 5.15pm, or Family Dining option from 7.00pm
- Main ski-lifts, slopes and children’s ski area approx. 3 minutes’ walk (300m)
- Adjacent to childcare base in Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie, with internal connection between the two
- Flexible bedroom and suite options for families, all with en suite bathroom, satellite TV & many with balcony
- Spa area with small indoor pool, two whirlpools, two saunas, steam room, and beauty treatments and massages available (pay locally)
- Complimentary adult bathrobes & slippers
- Ski hire service in-house
- Daily afternoon tea with a selection of cakes and savouries
- Entrance, stairs to reception, lift to all floors.
- Spa area & ski hire service.
- Reception, restaurant, bar and lounge area.
- Rooms 201, 202A, 202B: Sleeps 2 - Classique Bedrooms - Twin/doubles with bath/wc
- Room 203: Sleeps 2 - Classique Bedroom with balcony - Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
Supplements per person per night: Room 203 with balcony, £5
- Rooms 205 & 206: Sleep 2-3 - Deluxe Bedrooms - Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc, plus single sofa-bed
- Suite 204: Sleeps 2-4 - Savoie Suite - Twin/double bedroom with balcony & separate lounge with double sofa-bed. Bath.wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Rooms 202A/B: Sleeps 6 - This pair of rooms can connect via an adjoining lounge with double sofa-bed and balcony, to make a suite if so desired for 6 people, with 3 separate sleeping areas / 2 bathrooms.
- Rooms 202A/B & Room 201: Sleeps 8 - Room 201 can join 202A and 202B as above, to create a 4-roomed super-suite for 8
- Room 203 & Suite 204: Sleeps 6 - This pair can be joined via a private hallway to make a 3-roomed suite for 6
Additional Information & Floorplan
- Rooms & suites on other floors may be booked on request. However, childcare services cannot be confirmed until closer to departure date.
- The Baby-Listening Service can only be provided for families staying on the second floor (including all rooms featured above).
- All rooms and suites can take a cot.
- Floor plans are for guidance only and may not be to scale.
Smoked Salmon and Devilled Avocado Cornetto
Beaufort Rarebit with Sweet Onion Pickle
Crayfish Ceviche with Sushi Vinegar
Caramelised Scallops, Teriyaki Pork Belly and Cauliflower Purée
Spinach and Feta Panko Cakes, Cucumber and Chilli Salsa and Coriander Cream
Courgette and Dill Vichyssoise with Tempura Oysters
Cod Fillet with Cod Cheek, Black Pudding Ravioli and Pea Foam
Roast Rack of Lamb with Thyme and Red Wine Jus, Parsnip Crisps and Mint
Pan-seared Venison, Wild Mushroom Velouté, Sage Crisps and Pommes Purée
Tofu Satay, Sweet Potato Doughnuts served with Chargrilled Aubergine and Lime Crème Fraiche
Hot Chocolate Soufflé with Hazelnut Cream
Tartelette Frangipane with Roasted Pears and Sticky Caramel Sauce
Baileys and White Chocolate Torte, White Chocolate Shards and Coffee Soil
Regional Cheese Selection with Choice of Chutneys
Chocolate Truffle Selection and Coffee of Choice
Adult Only Groups
This chalet hotel only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
- Free places for babies and toddlers
- Half price Esprit Nursery places
- Half price Esprit Spritelets Ski Lessons & Snow Club - when booked together
- Reduced empty bed charges - treat yourselves to the extra space of a larger room or suite and pay just £150 for the first empty bed compared to the standard charge.
- FREE children’s equipment when parents pre-book Red or Black ski/poles/boots.
- FREE children’s helmets included with ski/boot hire
- FREE children’s lift passes available
- FREE entry to leisure facilities
- Buy One Get One Half Price on Espace Killy lift passes on selected weeks
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
One of the joys of choosing to take a Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Their staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in their chalets and on their staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Their Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let them take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
They set high standards for their cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
In all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all their Chalet Hotels.
Their Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel meals
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea at 5:30pm is served as a 2-course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10-year-olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10-year-olds are supervised by their childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
They always prepare a vegetarian main course in our Chalet Hotels, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance.
Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy