A friendly atmosphere and traditional Austrian hospitality ensure a warm welcome at the Alpenhotel Erzherzog-Johann - a fabulous boutique hotel with serious style. This quiet slopeside retreat is away from the town centre, so you can find a real slice of peace without compromising on access to the mountains. After skiing back to the Alpenhotel, you can unwind in the modern wellness area, enjoy delicious homemade cakes or simply relax with a drink in the hotel bar.
- Ski-in, ski-out with the option to ski to nearby Hochwurzen chairlift via a red run.
- Ski bus stops outside hotel.
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation area.
- ski-in, ski-out
- ski to the nearby Hochwurzenbahn lift via a red run
- 15-20 minutes' downhill walk to the resort centre
- 5 minutes by bus to the Planai gondola
- ski bus stop outside
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, satellite TV, free WiFi, bathrobes and slippers.
- Twin room (20m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Twin beds, single folding bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- free WiFi
- lounge area
- wellness area including sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation room
- extra charge for massage
- lift to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- homemade afternoon cake (3pm-4pm)
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy