If relaxation is key for your ski breaks, then the Hotel Tauern Spa could be the place for you. Not only does it have a 20,000m2 SPA Water World (which the public can also use) it has a Panorama Spa exclusive for hotel guests. This includes the glass skyline pool; the infinity style pool overlooking the mountains you see in almost every promotional picture (it's for hotel guests only).
The 12 pools, 13 saunas and steam rooms, relaxation and treatment rooms as well as the kids' spa grab all the headlines but the hotel offers some additional features that complete your stay here. Daily re-stocking of the complimentary mini bar (non-alcoholic drinks I'm afraid), WiFi is free throughout the hotel and you don't have to pay for indoor parking. There are three restaurants and, for those fledgling foodies, head chef Christof Schernthaner offers his culinary tips with show cooking sessions each Thursday, though you will have to book in advance at reception.
The location is a kilometre out of town and you can't walk to the ski lifts, however, the complimentary shuttle bus will take you to and from the slopes each day. It's a small price to pay if you're an avid spa lover.
- Outdoor pool
- Steam room
- Car parking
What we like
- Exclusive 2,500m2 Panorama Spa for hotel guests
- 20,000m2 SPA Water World open to the public
- Show cooking from the head chef is available on Thursdays
- Every room has a balcony or terrace
- Location is out of town and it's a shuttle bus to the ski slopes
- You can't wear your spa slippers to breakfast
- The panorama spa has a minimum age of 15 years
Lying a kilometre out of town the Hotel Tauern Spa has a quiet location. You won't be walking to the slopes but the complimentary ski bus will take you to and from the lifts each day. It's around 5 minutes to the local Maiskogel ski area or 20 minutes to the snow sure Kitzsteinhorn Glacier by bus.
Double room premium
- Premium rooms have Austrian twin beds and a sofa for a third person. The bathroom is separated by a glass partition with a bath or shower and separate toilet. With balcony.
- Approx. 31m2, sleeps max.3
Double room Panorama
- Panorama rooms are similar to the Premium rooms with the bed facing the balcony doors for a great view of the Pitzgau mountains.
- Approx. 31m2, sleeps max. 2 adults, 1 child
Panorama deluxe room
- Deluxe rooms have Austrian twin beds with a double sofa bed, walk-in wardrobe and balcony. The bathroom has a shower and a bath as well as a separate toilet.
- Approx. 48m2, sleeps max 2 adults and 2 children
All rooms have balconies or terraces overlooking the Hohe Tauern and Pinzageuer Grasberge mountains or the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier. There is also a complimentary mini bar full of non-alcoholic drinks re-stocked daily.
- Half board
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy