The Alpenhotel Laurin is the perfect refuge in the Hochgurgl mountains. Situated in an ideal location, 2000m above sea level, the lifts and beginners slopes are only a short walk away - great for when you're raring to go in the mornings and for when you're carrying your equipment back. The extra special thing about this hotel though is that, from the dining room and wellness center with their floor-to-ceiling windows, you get absolutely stunning views of the Ötztal Valley and surrounding mountains.
The rooms are comfortable and simply designed, but are fully equipped with everything you need for a week's skiing - and most also have fab views of the mountains. The staff are extremely friendly too, and are more than efficient with any queries that come their way.
As Hochgurgl is quite a quiet resort, there's not much in the way of lively après. The Laurin, though, is able to fulfil your after-skiing needs with their huge sun terrace. Enjoy a hot chocolate - or maybe something stronger - whilst topping up the face tan and admiring the gorgeous panorama. Once you've had enough of the outdoors (if that's even possible), you may want to take advantage of the hotel's 400m² wellness area. Equipped with a relaxation area - again with windows looking out onto the mountains - as well as a sauna, steam room and whirlpool, you'll leave feeling refreshed and having had a good dose of 'me' time.
The hotel is also well known for its delicious food. Whether its the healthy breakfast buffet or the creative and beautifully prepared 4-course evening meals, you won't leave feeling dissatisfied or hungry. So, your sleep, food, proximity to slopes, après and wellbeing is catered for here - why would you want to be anywhere else?
- In-resort centre, 1 minute's walk from Karbahn lift.
- Large sun terrace with panoramic views of the mountains and Ötztal Valley.
- 400m² wellness centre including sauna, whirlpool and relaxation area.
- great location in the resort centre
- 1 minute's walk from the Karbahn lift
- 2 minutes' walk from the ski school and nursery slopes
- just over 1 minute's walk to the ski bus stop
- 10 minutes walk to the school meeting point
- All rooms have a satellite TV, free WiFi and telephone, and are non-smoking.
- Twin room (28m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
- Twin room (28m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
- Superior twin room (25m²) - sleeps 2-3: Superior room with Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
- Single room (21m²) - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- hotel bar and lounge with fireplace
- sun terrace
- free WiFi wellness center with sauna, steam room, Infrarot Zirben room, whirlpool and relaxation area
- lift to all floors
- ski room
- buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals
- salad buffet six days a week
- dessert buffet twice a week
- weekly gala dinner
- weekly farmer's buffet
- New Year's Eve gala meal included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy