Old meets new at the Stammhaus Wolf, the original wing of the Hotel Alpine Palace. At this spectacular hotel, five star luxury hides around every corner.
What you may not realise though is that the Alpine Palace in its current guise has only existed since 2012 - before that there was only the Stammhaus Wolf - an extremely popular guesthouse and restaurant that gave the Wolf family the opportunity to expand and create one of the most excitingly modern hotels in the Glemm Valley.
Well that Wolf heart still exists. Here in the original Stammhaus Wolf wing of the Alpine Palace, you'll experience the classic Alpine-style in the rooms - virtually unchanged since before the newer wing was even thought of. The rooms are quite a contrast from the rest of the hotel and could take you by surprise - but they provide incredible value for access to one of the top hotels in Hinterglemm.
And don't worry, you still have access to all the fantastic facilities across the whole hotel.
The Alpine Palace concentrates upon luxury, wellness, beauty and individuality. With an abundance of leisure and wellness facilities - including both indoor and outdoor pools - this is a great place to relax. Top this all off with sumptuous dining arrangements, live music and comfortable rooms in the original wing of the hotel for a great ski holiday.
Plus getting up the mountain is simple - the hotel is right next to the Reiterkogel gondola.
- Central ski-in, ski-out location, adjacent to the Reiterkogel gondola.
- Indoor pool, 2,000m² Alpine spa with sauna, steam room and whirlpool.
- Cocktail bar, café, lounge, library, live music and sun terrace with bar.
- ski-in, ski-out
- central location
- adjacent to the Reiterkogel gondola
All rooms have private bath or shower, WC, bathrobes, hairdryer, radio and cable TV and are non-smoking. Cots are available to hire, free of charge, request at time of booking.
- Twin Room (18m²)- sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Twin Room (20m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They're simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- live music three times a week
- sun terrace
- wine cellar
- indoor pool
- 2,000m² Alpine Wellness spa area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and relaxation area
- fitness room
- extra charge for massage, beauty treatments and private spa room
- children's playroom and supervised activity programme available
- children's lunch available at an extra charge
- games room with pool table and table football
- 41 rooms
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon snack with cake
- 5-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly dessert buffet
- New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy