Modestly palatial, with 198 rooms, the Johannesbad Hotel Palace is a spa hotel in a resort built around its spas and thermal waters. A quiet location on the edge of the park surrounding Bad Hofgastein's thermal centre, the hotel is relaxing place to head back to each day: The pool is fed by spring waters, the saunas are gorgeously rustic and the evening meals will have you feasting like you've dropped into a medieval banquet. Catch live music in the bar throughout the week or book yourself in for a full body massage. If you feel like venturing further afield the town centre is only 300 metres away or you can stroll through the park. Afterall who doesn't want to stay in a palace hotel in Bad Hofgastein?
What we like
- Well equipped spa area with spring-fed pool
- Live music in the hotel bar throughout the week
- Indoor tennis court if you fancy a knock about after skiing
- The shuttle bus is the best way to get to the slopes, it's a long walk otherwise
- There are water aerobics classes Monday to Friday
- The sauna/spa area is nude but you can wear a towel
- Steam room
- Car parking
On the edge of the park surrounding the resorts thermal spas, the Johannesbad Hotel Palace has a quiet location a few minutes walk from the town centre. To get to the slopes the easiest way is to hop on the complimentary resort shuttle bus that will take you to the lifts in no time. Also from the bus station you can hop on other buses that will take you to the various other ski areas in the Gasein Valley. Otherwise, you're looking at a 1.1km walk, which could get you warmer than you'd like before the skiing begins.
All rooms at the Hotel Palace have WiFi, a safe, radio, TV and hairdryer.
Single rooms have a queen bed and a balcony. The bathroom has either a shower or a bath and there is a small seating area.
Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 1
Comfort double room
Comfort rooms have a double bed and a balcony with a mountain view. The bathroom has a bathtub or a shower, there is also a seating area in the room.
Approx. 26m2, sleeps max. 2
- Hotel bar - live music several times a week
- Large spring-fed indoor pool
- Hot tub
- Finnish sauna & herbal sauna
- Steam bath
- Saltwater grotto
- Heated loungers
- Kneipp pool
- Spa showers
- Relaxation oasis
- Tanning booth
- Health and therapy department
- Beauty Farm
- Fitness room
- Water aerobics (Mon-Fri)
- Indoor tennis court (additional fee)
- Free parking lot
- Underground parking (additional fee)
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy