The Hotel La Rouja is situated in the centre of the resort, just across the river from the Hotel Castor and in an attractive position with views up and down the valley. The hotel was recently a subject of a complete recent refurbishment and has quickly become one of our most talked about properties.
The extensive renovation work involved the use of lots of local wood and traditional material and the result is very pleasing! The quality of the fixtures and fittings and style of the property makes it, in our opinion, one of the finest hotels in Champoluc.
On the entrance level is a reception area leading to the dining room where cold buffet breakfasts and 4 course dinners (normally 3 choices at each course) are served. The food comes highly recommended.
In the basement is a large lounge/bar area with wood burning stove and comfy seating.
- Wi Fi in all Bedrooms
- Safe deposit in all Bedrooms
- Satellite TV - English Channels in all bedrooms
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms
- Minibar (local charge)
All 13 rooms, of varying sizes and aspect, have en-suite bathroom and many have good views up or down the Ayas Valley. Most rooms have a hydro-massage shower whilst the two largest suites have baths. Some rooms also have their own small sauna facility built in to the shower cubicle.
Total number of bedrooms 13
9 Twin/Doubles - 3 will accommodate and extra bed. 2 rooms inter-connecting
2 Superior rooms will accommodate 2 adults and 2 children.
2 Junior Suites
No single rooms, but twin or double rooms can be occupied by one person at a supplement.
Cold buffet breakfast
4 course Evening meal
Early tea for children - pre book
• Return transfers between any of these 6 airports and Champoluc – Turin (90 minutes), Milan Malpensa (2 hours), Milan Linate (3 hours), Milan Bergamo (3 hours), Geneva (3 hours) and Sion (2.5 hours )
• 7 nights half board accommodation, based on 2 people sharing – breakfast and dinner
• 6 day full area Monterosa lift pass covering the resorts of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna
• Snack lunches each day at a choice of mountain restaurants. Vouchers are valid in 6 mountain restaurants spread across the ski area and are valid for one dish from a choice of four or five.
• Unused vouchers can always be used to buy après-ski drinks in the bar at the bottom of the main gondola.
• Ski guiding – available on the first morning of your holiday (for parallel skiers) to explore the Monterosa ski area
• Free use of ski deposit at the bottom of the main lift
• The services of a friendly and experienced resort team – 24 hours a day
Larger groups will be offered a discount when booking at this hotel, please ask us for a special quote
Ski rental is available for ski holidays at this property. Call Ski Line on 020 8313 3999 for further details.
Price promise: If you can rent skis and snowboards cheaper Ski Line will cancel your rental and refund any payments. That's a promise.
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc