**Please note this is a family orientated property and the operator will not take bookings for adult only groups**
The Mariandre continues to attract repeat visits from family’s year after year mainly due to the excellent location of the hotel within this renowned family-friendly resort combined with the warmth of hospitality and unmatched service provided by our staff.
Families love Alpe d'Huez itself, its wonderful ski area, and the comfort and superb convenience of the Mariandre itself.
The Mariandre is ideally situated for families, being close to the resort's main centre of shops, restaurants and cafés, yet pleasingly away from the livelier après-ski bars and nightlife. The 'Palais du Sport' is within a short walk, with its indoor and outdoor swimming-pools, and the night-time toboggan-run on the Eclose slope is also close by.
A mere 50m from the nearest piste and ski-lift is every skier's dream, and makes the Mariandre a perfect choice for skiers who just hate to walk! The Telecentre lift, known locally as the 'Yoghurt Pot', links the centre of the resort up to the Rond Point des Pistes, from where the whole area opens, with a choice of five different lifts to whisk you on up the mountain. Alternatively, you can start your day on the piste just 50m from home, and ski down from there to the Eclose lifts to take you up into the main heart of the area. At the end of the day, you can ski back on piste to the same point, and in normal conditions just carry on the last 50m across the Tourist Board's terrace to the Mariandre.
The spacious lounge/bar area, with its big picture windows, comfy sofas, flat screen TV (some English channels) and the handy reception desk and bar, forms the focal point of the Mariandre. Downstairs, the dining-room is in two parts, and is furnished in simple French bistro-style. A touch on the snug side if everyone arrives at once for breakfast, it is amply sized for adult dinners, with a convivial atmosphere.
The bedrooms and family suites provide a choice of accommodation styles for different family sizes, and all have the benefit of private en suite facilities, flat screen TV and DVD and many a balcony too. The bedrooms are being redecorated for this winter with new bathrooms also being fitted in most the rooms.
- Nursery 17 weeks - 40 months In Chalet Hotel
- Snow Club 3 - 8 years In Chalet Hotel
- Mini Cocoa Club 3 - 5 years In Chalet Hotel
- Cocoa Club 6 - 12 years In Chalet Hotel
- Children’s Ski Lessons 3 - 12 years offering a wide range of ski classes and activities
- Snow Club fun 40 months + for children over nursery age
- Centrally located in the old village area of the resort
- Ski back to the front door under normal conditions
- 'Telecentre' ski-lift and piste only 50m away
- Free ski-bus stops almost opposite the hotel
- Wide range of family rooms and suites, all with private en suites, all with en suite facilities and DVD/TV (local)
- Traditional rustic dining-room
- Comfortable lounge/bar with feature fireplace with TV and Wifi
- Large south-facing sun-terrace
- Lift from 1st to 4th floors
- Substantial breakfast, and Afternoon Tea with a selection of cakes and savouries
- Children's high tea served at 5.30pm
- 5-course adult-only dinners including apéritif, choice of wines, coffee, and featuring our 'Culinary Choice' menu
- Entrance, dining-room & separate kitchen, boot-room, stairs to first floor. Ski-room with external access.
- Room 2 Sleeps 2 Twin bedroom with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 3 Sleeps 2 Twin bedroom with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 4 Sleeps 2 Double bedroom with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 5 & 6 Sleep 4-5 Two separate twin bedrooms adjacent to each other, each with en suite bath/wc, one with additional single fold-down bunk-bed and balcony
- Room 7 & 8 Sleep 4 Twin bedroom opposite twin bedroom, both with en suite bath/wc
- Suite 102 Sleeps 4 Two interconnecting twin bedrooms, one with shower/wc, the other with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 104 Sleeps 2 Double bedroom with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 105 & 106 Sleep 4-5 Two separate twin bedrooms adjacent to each other, both with bath/wc/balcony and one with additional fold-down single bunk-bed
- Room 107 Sleeps 3 Triple room (double bed with single fold-down bunk) with bath/wc/balcony
- Suite 108 Sleeps 4 Twin bedroom (bath/wc) interconnecting to twin bunk room (wc)
- Suite 109 Sleeps 5-6 3 separate sleeping areas - twin bunk room connecting to twin bedroom, connecting to lounge with double sofa-bed (suitable for 2 children under 12) sharing bath, separate shower-room and wc
- Suite 110 Sleeps 5-6 3 separate sleeping areas - as Suite 109 with the addition of a balcony in the lounge area
- Suite 111 Sleeps 4-5 2 separate sleeping areas - walk-through twin bunk room to twin bedroom (shower) with lounge area and balcony with single sofa-bed (suitable for 1 child under 12), sharing bath/wc
- Rooms 203 & 204 Sleep 4 Two separate adjacent bedrooms (one with double bed and one with two single beds) both with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 205 & 206 Sleep 4 Two separate twin bedrooms adjacent to each other, both with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 207 & 208 Sleep 4-5 Triple bedroom (double bed & single fold-down bunk) with balcony, opposite twin bedroom, each with bath/wc
- Suite 209 Sleeps 5-6 Double bedroom and twin room (single bed and single fold-down bunk) with small kitchenette and separate lounge with double sofa-bed (suitable for two children under 12) sharing bath and wc. (The suite is under eaves).
- All Rooms/Suites will take a cot except 5, 107 & 207
- Supplements per person per night: Rooms with bath/wc/balcony £3.50; Suite 108 with bath/wc £2.50; Suites 109, 110 & 111 bath/shower/wc £3.50; Suite 102 bath/shower/wc/balcony £4.50 Suite 209 bath/wc £4.50.
- The 'pairs' of rooms shown are either adjacent to or opposite each other, but are not interconnecting
- Reduced under-occupancy supplement of £139 applies when a family of 3 share 2 twin rooms.
For six days of the week in both chalets and Chalet Hotels, our staff prepare all your meals for you as described on these pages. The majority of parents feel that young children can inhibit the dinner-party atmosphere at evening meals, especially if they are over-tired, so children under 13 years are served High Tea at around 5.30pm in our chalets and Chalet Hotels alike. They are not then permitted to join adult dinner, as they are generally happier either getting some rest ready for tomorrow’s adventures, or if 6 years old or more, joining our child care staff in Cocoa Club.
On their one day off per week, your host in chalets will prepare a Continental-style breakfast which will be left for you to help yourselves, whilst in Chalet Hotels, a full buffet breakfast will still be served to you as normal. That evening, you and your family then have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants, which your Representative will be happy to help you arrange.
Vegetarian options are always on our ‘Culinary Choice’ menu in our Chalet Hotels, and are available in our chalets if you advise us in advance. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared.
For those families who prefer to eat together with their younger children, we offer our Family Dining option in any chalet of up to 12 beds, if you book the whole chalet for your own party, subject to chalet suitability. Everyone then eats together in the evening, starting at 6.30-7.00pm. The meals are based on our adult menus, with some flexibility for younger taste buds, although not a complete ‘à la carte’ choice!
All our chalets and Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers and party hats, plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together! Father Christmas is a welcome visitor during the evening, when he pays his annual visit to our chalets and Chalet Hotels and distributes his gifts to the children.
A special festive menu is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 13+ of course), unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Ski Line offer generous group and child prices in this chalet, please call us for the latest discounts
Ski rental is available for ski holidays at this property. Call Ski Line on 020 8313 3999 for further details.
Price promise: If you can rent skis and snowboards cheaper Ski Line will cancel your rental and refund any payments. That's a promise.
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.