Chalets Castor and Pollux are both one of our three unique - and until now impossible - Zermatt residences (chalet Gemini being the other): two a luxurious free standing three storey independent chalets with 4 bedrooms, large enough for groups of 8 guests each. Their location provides the best of both worlds: spectacular views and easy access. Side by side, tucked against a beautiful hillside, the numerous balconies and large terraces give you bird’s eye views of the village and the surrounding mountains, encompassing all three of Zermatt’s ski areas. Yet access is easy: 200m from the Matterhorn express base lift station and resort run there is a street level tunnel which leads you to a lift (elevator) built inside the mountain, from the top of which there is a gentle 2 minute walk to the properties. Skis and boots can be left in the tunnel’s ski-room. Although it does not have a Matterhorn view, the chalet is bathed in sun as soon as it emerges. The two chalets are mirror images of each other.
Newly built this year, each chalet has been tastefully decorated, delicately combining an alpine, cosy and contemporary finish, with liberal use of wood and stone. it has all the latest technology with flat-screen tvs, more than a hundred satellite channels, rotating fireplaces and geothermal heating to reduce the chalet's carbon foot-print as much as possible.
The two chalets each enjoy the use of their own unique private outdoor hot-tub surrounded by snow (in the winter) – perfect to relax and enjoy the view (or the stars…) after a long day in the mountains.
- Sleeps 8 with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- Professional chef
- Experienced chalet host
- Breakfast, gourmet dinner, wine and open bar
- Daily cleaning
- Wood-fireplaces in living room and dining room
- Gel-fireplace in two top floor bedroom
- Private outdoor jacuzzi hot-tub
- Pc and wireless broadband internet
- TV and DVD in each bedroom
- Large plasma screen with satellite tv
- Open plan bathrooms with jacuzzi baths
- 200m from the end of the ski runs and the lift station (subject to snow conditions)
- Close to village centre
- Spectacular views