Ski Lodge Aigle is in an unbeatable location perched on the hillside, just 10 metres (approx.) from the slopes so intermediate skiers and above can ski back to the chalet at the end of the day. In the mornings it is only 400 metres (approx.) from the Chaudanne and Paquis lifts. The centre of Tignes Le Lac and its bars and nightlife are approximately 5 minutes walk away making this a superb choice for your holiday.
The Aigle has proven to be exceptionally popular with guests since it was first introduced a few years ago; now that we have upgraded it to Ski Lodge status, early booking is essential. Built in a modern Savoyard style with a wood/stone exterior and tastefully decorated throughout, it has a spacious dining area, sunny terrace (complete with deckchairs!) and a great bar to relax in after a day exploring the vast Espace Killy ski area. The Aigle offers a very high standard of facilities including modern en suite rooms, most with balconies, satellite TV in the lounge, a lift and an indoor swimming pool and a sauna, all for exclusive use by guests.
Relax at the bar, swim in the pool or sweat it out in the sauna; this Ski Lodge has all the benefits of a larger hotel, but with just 21 bedrooms, still remains small and intimate enough to feel both welcoming and relaxed.
Lower ground floor:
- Swimming pool
- Changing rooms
- 2 separate WC’s
- Covered parking (pre-booked in advance)
- Dining room
- Ski room (exterior)
Room 11 = twin with bath, WC and shared balcony
Room 12 = small twin with shower, WC and shared balcony
Room 14 = small twin with shower, WC and shared balcony (beds close together)
Room 15 = twin with shower, WC and shared balcony
Room 16 = small twin with shower, WC and shared balcony
Room 17 = twin with bath, WC and shared balcony
Room 18 = twin with bath, WC and balcony
Room 19 = small twin with shower and WC (beds close together)
Rooms 21 & 26 = 2 twins with bath, WC and shared balcony
Room 22 = twin with shower, WC and shared balcony
Room 23 = small twin with shower, WC and shared balcony (Beds close together)
Room 24 = twin with shower, WC and balcony
Room 25 = small twin with shower, WC and shared balcony
Room 27 = twin with bath, WC and balcony
Room 28 = small twin with shower and WC (beds close together)
Rooms 31 & 33 = 2 twins with bath, WC and balcony (sloping roof)
Room 32 = small twin with shower, WC and shared balcony (under eaves).
Rooms 34 & 35 = 2 twins with shower, WC and balcony (sloping roof)
Ski Lodge staff live in.
Supplements & Discounts:
Rooms 11, 15, 17, 21, 22, 26 add £4 pp/pn
Rooms 18, 24, 27, 31, 33, 34, 35 add £5 pp/pn
We have taken all the best bits of a traditional chalet holiday, the facilities you would expect of a hotel and added in all those little details that really matter to skiers and boarders, whether expert or beginner. All wrapped up of course with our exemplary service.
Is it a hotel? Is it a chalet? No, it's better than both - it's a Ski Lodge!
In this ski lodge you will enjoy:
- Go-Pro HD video camera rental - exclusive rates on weekly rental so you can catch your best moves on film in glorious high definition
- Après ski vin chaud or gluhwein to warm the cockles after a day on the slopes
- 'Ask the Experts' - one of our local ski/snowboard coaches or instructors will be on hand pre-dinner to answer any questions you might have about technique, mountain conditions or if you just fancy a drink and a chat!
- Spring Skiing Terrace Parties - when the weather gets warmer and the afternoon sun beats down, enjoy drinks, music and games on our large sun-trap terraces
- In-room Physio and Massages - no more aches and pains, rejuvenate ready for another day on the hill. (Val d'Isere and Tignes only. More details coming soon)
- Pre-bookable Bar Credit. Available in units of 100 Euros (£75) or 50 Euros (£35) with happy hour prices guaranteed! (100Euros per person maximum, happy hour prices apply to wine & beer only, subject to availability)
- Breakfast is a hearty affair with a cooked option plus pastries, ham, cheese and fruit.
- No rush! Breakfast is available until 10 am
- Delicious homemade afternoon tea and cake
- Pre-dinner aperitifs and canapés
- Choice of unlimited superior wine with dinner, or upgrade from our extensive wine list
- Delicious freshly prepared 4 course evening meals with a choice of dishes, including a lighter option, on 6 out of 7 days
- Chocolates to accompany your coffee, if you can fit one in
- Final night celebration meal with speciality courses followed by a digestif
- Choose your own time to dine and a table size to suit you
Convenience for skiers:
- Convenient location for the skiing and the après
- A team of dedicated 'ski experts' available 24 hours to help with all things snow related; whether it be booking ski school, or advising on the weather
- Heated boot racks and ample ski storage
- Lift passes delivered to your Ski Lodge
- Superb savings on ski hire and ski lessons
- Carve fresh tracks on the hill with an early breakfast then join a qualified guide to ride the best spots on the mountain
Other luxuries and facilities:
- Wellness areas including at least a sauna, hot tub or swimming pool
- Free WiFi in communal areas
- Morning and afternoon reception service (with a member of staff always available 24 hours)
- Lodge Bar with reasonably priced drinks
- Bath and hand towels (changed midweek), pool towels and L'Occitane (or equivalent) shower gel and soap
- Occasional English newspapers
- Ski magazines & ski DVDs in the lounge/bar
- Weekly evening events. A full après programme will be confirmed in resort which could include wine tasting, cocktail making or quiz nights
Breakfast is a hearty affair with a cooked option plus pastries or ham and cheese, and fruit. No rush! Breakfast is available until 10am.
Afternoon tea is complete with delicious homemade cakes
The evening meal is guaranteed to please with a choice of freshly prepared menus on 6 out of 7 days. Choose your own time to dine and a table size to suit you:
- Pre-dinner aperitif and canapes- Choice of starter, main and desert, including vegetarian and lighter options
- After-dinner cheeseboard
- Choice of unlimited superior wine with dinner, or upgrade from our extensive wine list.
- Chocolates to accompany your coffee, if you can fit one in!
- Final night celebration meal with 5 speciality courses followed by a digestif
We can help you avoid the queues and expensive mountain restaurants with a packed lunch, freshly made that morning by your chalet host. Available in our European chalets and Ski Lodges for either 3 or 5 days, it includes a sandwich, piece of fruit, carton of juice, cereal bar and packet of crisps. (£15 for 3 days and £25 for 5 days).
The Wine Collection
We are able to offer a new Wine Menu this year - a collection of carefully chosen mixed wine cases ranging from local specialities to the Connoisseur's Collection. See more details about our range of wines along with tasting notes and prices in our Wine Collection.
Because everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day you can now wake up to an expanded buffet of options (£8 per person and complimentary in our enhanced 4+ and 5 rated properties)
Fresh Fruit Bowl
To give you that extra boost of energy on the mountain... or make you feel better about that second slice of cake! (£5 per person and complimentary in our enhanced 4+ and 5 rated properties)
Can't choose? Then perhaps Chalet Plus is the option for you. We have hand picked our favourite enhancements and brought them together in one affordable package!
- Aperitif and nibbles
- Enhanced breakfast
- Delicious 4 course evening meal including regional chalet cheeseboard
- Unlimited superior wine until coffee (Europe)
- Fresh fruit bowl throughout your stay
When you take the whole chalet Chalet Plus costs just £39 per person per week.