Ski Lodge Stoanerhof is superbly located within 200m (approx.) of the Ahorn Cable Car. Intermediate and advanced skiers can ski back (in normal snow conditions) on the Ahorn piste. 10 minutes walk (approx.) takes you to the Penken gondola and the lively Mayrhofen village centre. The ski bus stops a 5 minute walk (approx.) away.
The Stoanerhof offers guests a traditional Austrian chalet with a great range of facilities and skiing convenience. Most bedrooms have en suite facilities and balconies, plus 4 suite rooms perfect for families. All rooms are furnished to a very high standard retaining their Austrian charm and include a TV and telephone. After a great day on the slopes, guests can gather with friends in the traditional Tyrolean snug, enjoy a drink in the bar or relax in the Stoanerhof’s sauna.
Lower ground floor:
Room 100 = double (plus additional single sofa bed) with shower and WC
- 2 separate WCs
- Fitness area with 2 exercise bikes, sauna and multijet shower
- Ski room with heated boot rack
Room 101 = 4 poster bed with bath and WC
Room 119 = Austrian twin with shower and WC
- Reception with small seating area
- Tyrolean snug
- Rooms 102 & 103 = 2 Austrian twins (plus additional double sofa bed) with shower, WC and balcony
- Rooms 104 & 105 = 2 Austrian twins (plus additional single sofa bed) with shower, WC and balcony
- Rooms 106 & 107= 2 Austrian twins with balcony accessed by shared entrance and share a shower and separate WC
- Rooms 108 & 109 = 2 Austrian twins (plus additional double sofa bed) with shower, WC and balcony
- Room 110 = Austrian twin (plus additional single sofa bed) with shower, separate WC and balcony
- Room 111 = Austrian twin with shower, separate WC and balcony
- 112 = Austrian twin (plus additional single sofa bed) with balcony
- 113 = Austrian twin with balcony
- Rooms 112 & 113 are accessed by shared entrance (each room has own lockable door) and share a shower and separate WC
Some chalet staff live in.
Supplements & Discounts:
- Room 119 add £3 pp/pn
- Room 101 add £4 pp/pn
- Room 111 add £5 pp/pn
- Room 100 add £3 pp/pn. If used as triple for 3 adults waive the supplement. If 3rd bed is occupied by a child aged 2-11 yrs they pay half brochure price.
- Rooms 102, 103, 104, 105, 108, 109, 110 and 112 as twins add £6.00 pp/pn. If used as triple for 3 adults waive the supplement (double sofa bed rooms not suitable for 4 adults). If 3rd or 4th bed is occupied by a child aged 2-11 yrs they pay half brochure price.
We have taken all the best bits of a traditional chalet holiday, the facilities you would expect of a hotel and added in all those little details that really matter to skiers and boarders, whether expert or beginner. All wrapped up of course with our exemplary service.
Is it a hotel? Is it a chalet? No, it's better than both - it's a Ski Lodge!
In this ski lodge you will enjoy:
- Go-Pro HD video camera rental - exclusive rates on weekly rental so you can catch your best moves on film in glorious high definition
- Après ski vin chaud or gluhwein to warm the cockles after a day on the slopes
- 'Ask the Experts' - one of our local ski/snowboard coaches or instructors will be on hand pre-dinner to answer any questions you might have about technique, mountain conditions or if you just fancy a drink and a chat!
- Spring Skiing Terrace Parties - when the weather gets warmer and the afternoon sun beats down, enjoy drinks, music and games on our large sun-trap terraces
- In-room Physio and Massages - no more aches and pains, rejuvenate ready for another day on the hill. (Val d'Isere and Tignes only. More details coming soon)
- Pre-bookable Bar Credit. Available in units of 100 Euros (£75) or 50 Euros (£35) with happy hour prices guaranteed! (100Euros per person maximum, happy hour prices apply to wine & beer only, subject to availability)
- Breakfast is a hearty affair with a cooked option plus pastries, ham, cheese and fruit.
- No rush! Breakfast is available until 10 am
- Delicious homemade afternoon tea and cake
- Pre-dinner aperitifs and canapés
- Choice of unlimited superior wine with dinner, or upgrade from our extensive wine list
- Delicious freshly prepared 4 course evening meals with a choice of dishes, including a lighter option, on 6 out of 7 days
- Chocolates to accompany your coffee, if you can fit one in
- Final night celebration meal with speciality courses followed by a digestif
- Choose your own time to dine and a table size to suit you
Convenience for skiers:
- Convenient location for the skiing and the après
- A team of dedicated 'ski experts' available 24 hours to help with all things snow related; whether it be booking ski school, or advising on the weather
- Heated boot racks and ample ski storage
- Lift passes delivered to your Ski Lodge
- Superb savings on ski hire and ski lessons
- Carve fresh tracks on the hill with an early breakfast then join a qualified guide to ride the best spots on the mountain
Other luxuries and facilities:
- Wellness areas including at least a sauna, hot tub or swimming pool
- Free WiFi in communal areas
- Morning and afternoon reception service (with a member of staff always available 24 hours)
- Lodge Bar with reasonably priced drinks
- Bath and hand towels (changed midweek), pool towels and L'Occitane (or equivalent) shower gel and soap
- Occasional English newspapers
- Ski magazines & ski DVDs in the lounge/bar
- Weekly evening events. A full après programme will be confirmed in resort which could include wine tasting, cocktail making or quiz nights
Breakfast is a hearty affair with a cooked option plus pastries or ham and cheese, and fruit. No rush! Breakfast is available until 10am.
Afternoon tea is complete with delicious homemade cakes
The evening meal is guaranteed to please with a choice of freshly prepared menus on 6 out of 7 days. Choose your own time to dine and a table size to suit you:
- Pre-dinner aperitif and canapes- Choice of starter, main and desert, including vegetarian and lighter options
- After-dinner cheeseboard
- Choice of unlimited superior wine with dinner, or upgrade from our extensive wine list.
- Chocolates to accompany your coffee, if you can fit one in!
- Final night celebration meal with 5 speciality courses followed by a digestif
We can help you avoid the queues and expensive mountain restaurants with a packed lunch, freshly made that morning by your chalet host. Available in our European chalets and Ski Lodges for either 3 or 5 days, it includes a sandwich, piece of fruit, carton of juice, cereal bar and packet of crisps. (£15 for 3 days and £25 for 5 days).
The Wine Collection
We are able to offer a new Wine Menu this year - a collection of carefully chosen mixed wine cases ranging from local specialities to the Connoisseur's Collection. See more details about our range of wines along with tasting notes and prices in our Wine Collection.
Because everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day you can now wake up to an expanded buffet of options (£8 per person and complimentary in our enhanced 4+ and 5 rated properties)
Fresh Fruit Bowl
To give you that extra boost of energy on the mountain... or make you feel better about that second slice of cake! (£5 per person and complimentary in our enhanced 4+ and 5 rated properties)
Can't choose? Then perhaps Chalet Plus is the option for you. We have hand picked our favourite enhancements and brought them together in one affordable package!
- Aperitif and nibbles
- Enhanced breakfast
- Delicious 4 course evening meal including regional chalet cheeseboard
- Unlimited superior wine until coffee (Europe)
- Fresh fruit bowl throughout your stay
When you take the whole chalet Chalet Plus costs just £39 per person per week.